1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT:Two headed Monster

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Joe Joe, Sep 13, 2000.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It pisses me off that Mack won't name Applewhite the starter. He kicked much as last week. I think Simms should play a lot, but have to earn a share of starter's role.

I think Ivan Williams packed on some lbs in the offseason, becuase he looked a lot slower.

Roy Williams is da bomb squad. Artis looked great. I was worried about the receiver corp, but now I consider it our greatest strength. Did you see them break tackles? They didn't drop to the ground. I saw Healy go out of bounds one time without fighting for that extra yard and that was it.

UT needs a Dan Neil type of guard. Someone that can run like a FB when he pulls. Hodges is a good RB in the open field, but our offensive line is more suited for a between the tackles RB. A FB that could run(Williams?) would be able to get some yardage and force opponents to respect the middle when hodges gets the ball.

The D looks good. I would like to see more from Redding, but maybe rogers was just beating him to the ball. Rogers will probably be a top 10 pick this year. They need to create more turnovers like last year.

------------------
    "You've got 6 fouls, use them well" -Derrick Coleman

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm flying out to the Bay Area on Friday to watch my Horns beat the living crap out of the Cardinal, and I'll be right in the middle of the Stanford section to boot.

If you watch the game, look for me. I'll be in a huge Afro wig with Horns on it, most likely getting pummelled by the Stanford fans!

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

It pissed me off that Mack pulled Simms after the second offensive series for UT (for those who didn't watch the game, Simms threw an int that was returned for a TD, ULL 10 Texas 0). Nice slap in the face for Simms.

It pissed me off that UT continued to hand the ball off during the first 2 offensive series. On the third, when Applewhite came into the game, UT switched to a four wideout offense which completely destroyed the ULL secondary. UT went on to score 52 straight points. People should not be down on Simms' performance, Simms could have put up those numbers with a four wideout offense, he later came back and threw a TD pass to Mitchell.

Great job by Applewhite with 4 TD passes. He never lost the starting job, but he didn't win it either with his performance vs. ULL. Major deserves after the last game/should (experience) start at Stanford. This game will not be a blow out like last year and will go down to the wire. Applewhite will be the only QB late in the game if the score is close, and he will get the important snaps.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited September 13, 2000).]

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I was expecting them to play both early. Simms was unlucky the defense let USL have a long drive to start the 1st. When Applewhite came in, it was nearly the 2nd quarter.

It did upset me that they ran too much with Hodges early and didn't have Williams in.

------------------
    "You've got 6 fouls, use them well" -Derrick Coleman