1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Using Olajuwon's Salary When He Retires

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emoreland, Aug 7, 2000.

1. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Just scattershooting a little, thinking about how we can use Dream's salary on Free Agents when he decides to hang em up. What do you guys think we can get, who is even available...and exactly how much do we have, when he retires, to work with?

------------------

Don't EVER underestimate the Heart of a CHAMPION!

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

are there two Fabrs?

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Insulting fellow posters without my permission is not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Annoying Mango can be really FUN!
    5. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Eat MANGOES & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

[This message has been edited by R0ckets03 (edited August 07, 2000).]

3. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

The only FA's really worth anything next year would be Webber and Finley. Mutumbo and Mashburn will also be FA's but they wouldn't really fit in. I wander about Mutumbo though

------------------

4. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Mutombo might be a good fit. He's a tall (7'2") rebounding (12.3) shot-blocking (3.57)center with a limited offense (12.7 ppg, but .528 fg%).

He is a little old (34), but he might fit with our high scoring guards, and if we could get either a scoring PF (M. Taylor), or a scoring SF (???), it might even be a better idea. But, it would definitely only be a short term fix.

Other negatives: He's not a "passing" center (1.5), nor is he a good FT shooter (.668)

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How can you guys even think about signing Mutumbo to the Rox after that crap he said about Hakeem years back. What he might add to our team would not be worth the slap in the face that it would administer to Dream.

------------------
    "Nothing is certain but the unforseen."
    Some Dude

6. steviewonder

steviewonder Member

I sort of agree with you RunninRaven but I think the Rockets main purpose when Hakeem's gone is to get someone that will help temwin. I mean he dissed Hakeem, which isn't right but that happens a lot in the league. I mean what if you can get Shaq (won't happen but let's just pretend) but since he got in a fight with Barkley we won't get him. I mean a team's main goal is to win. Not be content with a none-playoff team (I think they will make the playoffs this season).

------------------
    Peace,
    Dave
    Rockets Online.com
    Write an Article For Rockets Online

[This message has been edited by steviewonder (edited August 08, 2000).]