1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA vs Argentina.....

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by King1, Aug 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Precision340

Precision340 Member

look at those two square dancin' :D

2. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

western conferernce final as well as many other games showed he can't always adjust...thus based on his first Q play tonight, there's no reason to think he can definitely adjust for the better. in fact, i would've wagered he would've kept sucking.

3. Asian Sensation

If you noticed Scola got a lot of the buckets on open looks and clean up buckets. The few times he was fed in the post he took advantage and capitalized by scoring but he got a lot of loose-ball easy bucket type points without forcing the issue.

That's where our disagreement lies... You think Kobe and or Lebron would've shut down Ginobili. And I'm saying he would've helped Argentina's cause one way or another whether it's him scoring or getting other players involved by drawing attention. I highly doubt one of the more clutch players completely disappears in a big game like today.

4. bmthint

bmthint Member

He was plagued with injuries during the playoffs so his game might have been limited not allowing him to adjust because he was missing a demension of hims game.

5. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

-> No Ginobili (at least 10 points)
    -> Help from Referee (that's 10 points)
    USA only won 20 pts...
    you do the math

6. bmthint

bmthint Member

But you have to hope that USA would have turned it on if it was needed. If you noticed USA always started hitting shots whenever ARG was within 10.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I didn't say Argentina would win the game, just that I think it would have been a closer match.

I will say that after watching these Olympics, my views on Kobe and Melo have gone down a tad, while Wade and Lebron have gone up.

Whereas I used to think Kobe was the best player, I now think Lebron is far and away the best player.

Kobe is great, no doubt, but Lebron is just amazing.....and I am glad to see Wade back to his athletic self....

DD

#347 DaDakota, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If Manu wasn't injured, USA would win more!

Obviously, their game plan was to stop Manu!

9. Asian Sensation

It's mind boggling that Kobe has yet to dominate a game or even tried to dominate a game. I don't know if he's being really passive or if he just won't do it. He's made a few nice plays here and there but even Lebron and Wade have had dominant stretches for a while and have taken the games over but Kobe has yet to do so. What's going on

10. bmthint

bmthint Member

I think hes trying not to be a ball hog when sometimes that is what we need. That or maybe he is trying to save himself for the reg season but I think Kobe is too competitive for that.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't think i've ever seen this many excuses for a team that lost by 20 points. Get over it, they lost. Maybe some things would have been different but do we really need to reach on THIS game.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not a fan, but I thought Carmelo looked great today.....

13. dafranchise0309

I can't believe Manu didn't have the courage to come out and play for his country....he is the reason they lost.

14. bmthint

bmthint Member

Well im a little dissapointed USA won by so much. Don't get me wrong, I support team USA but i wanted to see USA struggle a bit so they would be ready for Spain. The last thing i want to see is an unprepared overconfident team USA get upset by Spain.

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Good call, Fact is that the US won handily, I mean opening up 23-4!!!!!!

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

HAHA, thats cold man.......

He wanted to give Argentina a ready made excuse........

17. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Argentina played them equally after that though.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That obviously worked well for them...........
    Sustaining a lead is not easy, human nature to let up a bit gets in the way....

19. dafranchise0309

I kept thinking Manu was going to come out limping out the locker room and putting up 40pts...never happened.. F**K USA!!! They are too cocky and think they are the $hittt. Especially Womanthony

20. bmthint

bmthint Member

Wow for some1 who lives in Houston thats pretty messed up dude. Why don't you support your home country?