1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[USA Today] Why Mike D'Antoni is a great fit for the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. DD444

DD444 Member

I guess everybody is reading the Dmo threads. Nice Read, Thanks

Tha_Dude likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not a Dmo thread.

I am disappoint. -1 star thread

Will never read again

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But I thought Morey didn't want to hire him and it was all Alexander?

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

D'Antoni is going to hold out for more money. Fire him before it gets costly.

jae713 likes this.
  6. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I like how they caption the photo "James Harden (13)", as if someone might confuse him with D'antoni...

7. Nivos

Nivos Member

Weird, that's a bit different story line than what we've heard before the hiring.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I actually heard he just got an offer from the Kings and his agent is telling him to quit coming to games so the Rockets will just let him leave

9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Morey thinks head coaches are a non factor in NBA basketball. He was probably indifferent to the Damn Tony signing.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

GREAT read, thank you.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy . . .

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well that is one heck of a read. Harden loves MDA, and Dan Toni loves him back. All is good in Htown during the Regular season until the Playoffs roll in.

We'll see how that computes to grit and grind type of basketball. Harden PG, live and die by the 3, drawing FTs in the paint and so on.

13. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I'm sure your boy Thompson will keep rolling with all of those hall of famers he has on his team. Damn, dude wishes Harden could have players like that to bail him out but....well...you know man.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

I thought the narrative during the hire was this was a Les call only and Morey was stuck with the decision (he wanted a defensive minded HC)?

I mean, the above could still all be true. If so, Les Alexander deserves a ton of credit. One of the few times I've seen in professional sports where an owner intervened for the benefit of the franchise. MDA's mindset clearly synergizes with Morey and Harden, and it was good for Les to value that and recognize the lack of synergy between McHale/JBB and Morey. Les did Morey and all of us a huge favor here.

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

The more I think about it, the more I think this wasn't so much a move Morey was not behind, just that he thought defense needed most work and therefore would've wanted JVG. Morey & MDA is a match made in heaven so I don't believe the narrative anymore of just Leslie picking MDA.

16. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

While I think articles are great, I just want to watch this team play and win games to PROVE their worth, not have people talking us up. Let the wins do the talking!

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I really like this quote. Really shows the synergy between Ownership/GM/Coach/Player.

18. jae713

jae713 Member

True, but it's kinda nice not having the national media sh!tting on us all the time.

don grahamleone likes this.
  19. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Very true also. But I like the team thinking they don't get enough credit, so that they can stay more hungry. Both are nice though.

jae713 likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd agree with those of you saying 'Morey does not deserve the credit for hiring MDmA'. This was a Les move all the way and by that article saying Harden was like an owner, it might have been a Les/Harden decision. Morey has no choice but to jump into the boat with them.

Full boat time, just like it was during the offseason.