1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

(USA Today) Rockets have a shot at LeBron next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 10, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

the rockets also known for shooting a LOT OF 3'S...

its keys and codewords you have to find

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

if I'm CP3 that's loaded with money already and I can take a paycut and still get paid 20 million or so to play with my best friend Lebron and play next to James "thicc" Harden, I would take that paycut in a heartbeat. That will definitely up his chances of winning the championship and get that conference final monkey off his back and solidify his career as one of the best PG's in history. He won't have that, oh he didn't win a championship debate when his career ends. Yup if I'm CP3, I would take that paycut.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Cp3 will get a 4yr max this offseason. I’m sure it was part of the pitch. Opt in plus a 4yr max in Texas without state tax >>> than opting out for a 5yr max in LA with tax.

You get lebron to opt in and promise the 4yr max the following year in free agency. It’s like getting a 5yr max with a small 1st year.

Pay them into their twilight years. They should both age gracefully enough and harden will be at his peak for the duration of it all.

The final years seem scary but that’s the price you pay for a couple of the best players and serious title contention for a few years

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

As much as I love this year's team, we are heavy underdogs against the Warriors if they're healthy, even if we somehow manage to pull off the #1 seed.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  5. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Cp3 and Lebron are looking to win titles, not to win $$$. You guys are looking way too much into the $$. Why would Lebron want to come here knowing that the Rockets would have to gut pretty much the entire team to get him, thus he is back at square one with little to no title chance as the depth will be gone. Lebron and CP3 aren't stupid. They don't need to chase $$$. This isn't like their first big contract.

I also see Fertitta not having an issue to pay the lux tax to field a deep team with Lebron. Don't be surprised if they keep Ariza, EG, and Anderson while paying Lebron and CP3 enough $$ to satisfy them.

Also, Lebron's agent said it is ALL about winning titles. He has so many endorsement deals, so salary is nothing.

Normally, Lebron and CP3 would likely not take less than max, but KD's p***y move changed everything. Now they have to level the playing field a bit, so $$ won't be an issue.

#105 zcarenow, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I guarantee LeBron is sitting at home, watching us run through teams, and thinking "....damn"

s3ts and luckyman76 like this.
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Also remember he loses frequently to the Beard so he knows what we have up close. That was before CP3 and now the rest of our team.

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

I'd hate to win with Lebron but Durant ****ed everything up so I don't care anymore

Question is does Wade follow his ass here and come off the bench

s3ts likes this.
  9. PatBev

PatBev Member

I've always thought I'd Lebron has a chance of winning he wouldn't care about the contract.

This dude has a life time Nike deal worth like 1 billion. I think he'll take a pay cut

zcarenow and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

My boy, @Deuce,

This all I've got because Melo scorched my ears. Look how that Sh## is working out with Westbrick :)

This is what a good "source" /"Sauce" (Hi, Chris, B lol)....

LeBron built a school. In his terms, that's a greater accomplishment than his MVPS and championships because he's succeeded in every spectrum there.

The rumor is that he would be willing to take a SIGNIFICANT paycut to come play with another contender. More, he is SUPER close to CP3 and Trev. James and LBJ are working on that friendship (remember James' kick to LBJ's groin in that game lol)

Anyway, the way this works is you would have to get rid of some of the glue guys, and for some us that would be painful.

If LeBron wants Htown, say goodbye to BBrown and unfortunately the glue guys. Trevor may be sacrificed, too, which would kill me, but he's also willing to take another deal that's reworked based on incentives.

From my "guy" from Brazil....we have a guy who wants to repeat 6th man, 2 guys who want to part of ALL Defense teams and one guy who is pushing for most improved. (The surprise is that his numbers work)

Anyway, mix incentives, a Joe Carrol sacrifice and it's plausible.

I don't believe LBJ is going to LA btw.

Just my 2 cents

#110 Codman, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  11. Sajan

Sajan Member

I still don't get why Lebron..at this point in his career would go to LA?
    He didn't go to Miami to build up a young team...he went to win a championship with his buddies. If money can work, why he wouldn't he do that again in Houston?

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hmm harden can't possibly "rework based on incentives" his deal right?

13. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Calvin Murphy is offended.

DonKnock, Caesar and J Sizzle like this.
  14. alethios

alethios Member

The tax situation in California is only getting worse. I could live comfortably in Texas for 40K a year less.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

alethios and BigMaloe like this.
  16. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I expect CHIP this year, so No need for HIM!

s3ts and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Lakers argument is just made up by the media to try to give the Lakers some spotlight, if he leaves Cleveland at this point it's to win, and the Lakers are not going to win **** anytime soon. His business partner Maverick Carter literally said this one month ago.

What matters most to LeBron James when it comes to his NBA future? Being in New York? Nope. Los Angeles? Nope. Yet again, someone close to James has confirmed what matters to him most is one thing: winning.

James' friend and business associate Maverick Carter appeared on the Rich Eisen Show Thursday and said playing in a major market will not be a factor in his decision this summer.

“These days, it doesn’t matter anymore. The Lakers and the Knicks have been bad—the Knicks for a very long time, the Lakers since Kobe aged out of being one of the best players in the league,” Carter said (h/t Michael D. Sykes, II of SB Nation). “You can be known or be a star from anywhere—anywhere in the world. ... When you win as an athlete, that matters the most"

"He never starts thinking about it before the end of the season," Carter said (h/t Jack Maloney of CBS Sports). "Whenever their season ends and hopefully it's in June for his sake and the sake of his family because he goes crazy at home, usually a week after. Decompresses, lets it all calm down and then a week after. Sometimes he can take a little longer but at least a week after."

He also made it clear that James' growing media endeavors—the pair are partners in SpringHill Entertainment—are irrelevant to where he plays basketball.

"I understand people keep saying that and thinking that," Carter said of a move to Los Angeles. "But the reason it doesn't make sense is because if he does play in L.A. or he plays on the moon he can only shoot movies for three months. It doesn't matter. Even if he played in L.A. and wanted to be in a movie, he can't shoot from basically September to June."

The Lakers are, once again, expected to make a run at James in free agency. While Lakers fans have long expected this pairing to happen, James has never given the team serious consideration in either his 2010 or 2014 decisions.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah baby! right, keep him playing away from rockets for our trophies to be more valuable and the league more interesting(seemingly)

Mazulis likes this.
  19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

No

DonKnock and vlaurelio like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

ESPN should get behind Lebron coming to Houston 100%...forget about these Bron Bron to LA pipe dreams

GS would finally have a legit challenger...u could promote the battle of 2 heavyweights

the ratings for a GS-Hou series would be through the roof...fan interest would be crazy because you wouldn’t be able to go into that series knowing that GS already has it won

DonKnock and FANfrom86toNow like this.