1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

US Military reacts to WMD Joke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 30, 2004.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

dude..where's your sense of humor. i swallowed a bug. :D

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sorry, I just didn't find it funny. Just like I wouldn't find any 9/11 jokes funny either. When it involves the numerous deaths of innocent people or our soldiers, the humor just isn't there.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i should have put rolly eyes or something in my post...i was being completely sarcastic. i agree with you...even if he had no bad intent here, it comes off very bad when people are fighting and dying in a war.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Oh no, I knew. This is just something that has chapped me more than anything, probably because I supported the war to begin with.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Heartfelt Respect

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i wasn't commenting on their veracity, only on their political slant.

7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Sorry I mistook you for giddy. He has a bad habit of posting totally debunked information.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So posting demonstrably false emails from conservative groups is the same as posting heavily sourced emails from a liberal groups.

9. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

It was a stupid joke made by a stupid monkey. It was in horrible taste and it mocked the hundreds of Americans who died looking for those weapons of mass destruction.

But I'm not personally offended by anything the monkey says. Considering he only has two IQ points to rub together, it's amazing he can even speak.

10. basso

Supporting Member

truely amazing that not a single poster in this thread has addressed the actual content of the soldiers' emails. perhaps you're afraid your convictions can't stand against those of the men and women on the front lines?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the only thing this joke proves to me is what a joke of a President this is. He probably really doesn't take the issue seriously, probably never did, and the other joke is that all of you guys defending them were the ones saying we were all going to look stupid when they find the mass stockpile of weapons.

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Not really, I just listen to people that I know much more than people I have never met. I know a Marine who was part of the initial invasion who has since resigned from the Marines because he didn't want to go back. He told me a bunch about the morale over there that directly conflicts with some of the letters in these emails, so I choose to believe the person I know.

BTW, he is a Republican who voted for Bush, not a partisan with a bone to pick.

13. basso

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Truly amazing that you even thought anybody would bother, considering that the previous thread about this generated a tepid amount of outrage/indignation, with 8-9 out of 10 people saying "who cares".

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Not to mention those 101 e-mails might not represent the entire military.

16. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

17. basso

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

the intellectual stimulation in the D&D forum today is absolutely stimulating. not unlike those other forums where they just throw partisan pictures at each other...(i can hear basso saying, "but..he did it first!")

the good news is that a Pot compound is found to be effective in Alzheimer's treatments

19. basso

Supporting Member

are you saying the D&D is going to pot? andy will be so proud!

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sweet another useless thread - you know basso it's ok not always having the most threads on the front page...