1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UPS/FedEx Vent Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 10, 2017.

1. MystikArkitect

Ive been sitting next to a window for 4 hours waiting for something extremely important to show up UPS. I paid for morning delivery and overnight. It’s 4 pm, says Out For Delivery, I couldn’t get them to just hold it at the main hub. I call customer service and they’re like “idk lol he’ll be there just chill”. It requires a signature.

Have Fedex stories too but my God I feel like we should be past this crap.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I used to live in an apartment, and getting packages was frequently a nightmare. I had instances, multiple times, where I would stay home all day to receive an important package, and be watching the door and tracking page the whole time, and it would suddenly shift to "attempted delivery". Even though they clearly never attempted delivery. It varies by area of course, but for me UPS was very solid, USPS was so-so, and FedEx was the worst. I more often had problems receiving things from FedEx than I didn't, to the point that I got sort of a pit in my stomach whenever I saw that anything being sent to me was being delivered FedEx.

But, ever since I bought a house, these issues all seemed to evaporate, so all's well that ends well for me, I guess.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have found the Fed Ex/UPS experience is dependent on their drivers. If you have a good driver for your route, then its great. If you get a lazy one, its very frustrating.
    UPS has gone down hill in the last years. Once UPS started outsourcing their call centers to India, I switched to FexEx as my primary.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I like my UPS guy. He's had to haul plenty of 50lb+ packages to my door. I feel bad and want to help him, but it's easier for him to drop it off at the door/in the garage than for him to meet me halfway and hand it over. Good guy. I gave him candy on Halloween when he knocked on the door.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I live in an apartment and it's often difficult to get deliveries properly

But you can always have it dropped off at a service center instead (Mine is a CVS within walking distance of my house). Then you can just pick it up and sign for it there and you don't have to worry about waiting around or someone taking it. Every time I do that, the delivery is one time.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Fedex shows up to my house at 8:00PM+ every single time. At this point I know what to expect so I don't get bothered by it anymore lmao.

I don't know if its because I'm the last residence on the route, or because the Fedex driver is incompetent, but it is what it is.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Recently went to a UPS store to ship something international. They gave me tracking number and said one week till it gets there.

I of course can't track it and then they finally tell me they shipped it via USPS. I'm like why the **** would UPS ship USPS!?!?

Month later and the tracking on USPS keeps saying on the way or something. I call them and they say that once it gets to Jhina they have no control of it. I ask my contact in Jhina to check and they tell him that's it's still in the US.

So waste of $40 and a month...smh

9. MystikArkitect

Update.

I finally left at 6:30 pm to eat assuming they were just going to show up today. Checked this morning and it says Delivered signed by someone I don’t recognize. Checked with the neighbors and they didn’t sign for it.

It required a signature because it was 2000.00 dollar equipment. Now someone signed for it and I don’t know who. Un ****ing believable.

pippendagimp, DudeWah and Sajan like this.
  10. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Did you look it up on UPS My Choice to see where the truck was on google maps? It updates every 10 minutes I believe and has been pretty accurate every time I've used it. Less than a 1/4 mile away. I get multiple deliveries every month including some medication and on the day of delivery I check the My Choice to see where it is on the map and the shipping label they slap on it after the last hub it left. I've noticed a mistake on the address before (3 times) and was able to meet the driver where he thought the delivery was going to be or some place between my home and where he was on the map. No problems and no waiting around.

#10 Blatz, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  11. MystikArkitect

I tried UPS My Choice to just hold the package at the center or at a My UPS store but the website either wouldn’t let me do it or was being buggy. I didn’t know you could track the trucks. Will do that next time.

At this point the package is missing and will have to be addressed on Monday as the sender customer service number isn’t on Saturdays.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

They do business first, employees always say to send the package to your job instead