1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Update on Wendy Finger in the Chilli Story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pirc1, Apr 13, 2005.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

She dropped the claim!

Link

Woman Won't Sue Wendy's for Alleged Finger

Wed Apr 13, 8:13 AM ET U.S. National - AP

SAN JOSE, Calif. - A woman who claimed she scooped up a human finger along with her chili at a Wendy's restaurant has decided not to sue the fast-food chain.

AP Photo
    Slideshow: Diner Claims Finger Found In Chili

Finger Finder's Home Searched
    (AP Video)

Anna Ayala dropped her claim because it "has caused her great emotional distress and continues to be difficult emotionally," said her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff.

Ayala, 39, claimed she found the 1 1/2-inch long fingertip on March 22 while dining at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose. She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno-based JEM Management Corp., which her attorney had said was the first step before filing a lawsuit.

Phone calls to Ayala's house went unanswered Tuesday. Investigators searched her Las Vegas home last week as part of their investigation into how a finger ended up in the chili.

Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch declined to comment on Ayala's decision to drop the lawsuit but said a reward hot line to receive tips will remain open. Wendy's has offered $50,000 to the first person who can provide verifiable information that identifies the origin of the finger.

"It's very important to us to find out what really happened at the restaurant," Lynch said. "We will continue to fully cooperate with the police investigation."

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. None of the employees at the San Jose store had lost any fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner's office used a partial fingerprint to search for a match in an electronic database but came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted on the finger.

2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I hope Wendy's goes after her in court. Their name has still been tarnished. This idiot needs to do some jail time.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

There's a new Wendy's going up around the corner from my house...I have to admit, I was not even considering eating there.

If her claims were false, I can add that back onto my grab-a-quick-bite list.

5. Isabel

Isabel Member

From a story posted in another thread, it sounds like she may have gotten the finger from a dead relative (who was apparently lying around)...

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Even if the story was true, it wouldn't have prevented me from eating at Wendy's. Wendy's has been around for how many years? How many meals have they served? Its not like it was a normal occurance. I never gave it one thought. I love Wendy's Chili.

7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Let me see...

The lady has sued like 5-6 businesses in the last 10 years.

She finds a finger in her Chili.

Wendy's can't find a missing finger from ANY of its suppliers or employees.

The lady has a dead Aunt laying around that might have lost a finger.

She cracks and drops the case.

Methinks the lady was trying to steal money from Wendy's.

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

My local news had a report on this tonight. They said that police are investigating a woman that lives near Las Vegas. Apparantly she has several exotic wild animals (tigers and such) and lost a finger in an accident with one of them. They said teh ER gave it back to her in a bag of ice, when they couldn't re attach it. They suspect it may be her finger, but how it got into the chili is still undetermined.