1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming SI story to talk about alleged sexual assault in the Dallas Mavericks organization

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

it amazes me to see how little self-control these sexual harassers/sexual predators have...it also amazes me to see just how bold some of them are

because they’re in a position of power, they feel that they’re untouchable...well that’s starting to change, those days are done

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I hate the Mavericks franchise & fans more than Cowboys / Rangers. Soooo I’m enjoying more reports of destruction. :)

3. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Cuban needs to clam up ASAP and only talk through his lawyers at this stage, before he does more damage to himself.

In this current climate, this has the potential to be much worse for Cuban. Silver probably won't be as drastic as he was with Sterling, but it'll be something big nonetheless.

Whatever the outcome, it's a pretty hard fall for a franchise that won a championship not that long ago.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

s3ts likes this.
  5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Let's go ahead and strip the Title away from them. Congratulations, Lebron James, four time NBA Champion.

Deuce and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Rough day for Cuban

s3ts, BigMaloe, TMac'n and 1 other person like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

has captain jackass checked in on this yet?

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Should change moniker to Captain grabass.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree and disagree with what you said. You're right that the Mavs are in no way the only team guilty of this. I met a woman recently who worked for the Rockets in the mid-90s and the stories she told me about what went on there were disturbing to say the least. Not all of the incidents involved members of the Rockets organization. One was about Rodman which I'm sure will surprise no one. But there were a few prominent names that came up that shocked me.

The part I disagree about is that this will affect the value of the team. If the freaking Clippers can sell for $2 billion after what went down with Donald Sterling, then this ain't gonna tank the net worth of NBA franchises. The only thing that'll harm the value will be if the TV contracts take a nosedive.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. HookemHorns1250

Good watch.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I work with a lot of African men(I am not talking about african americans... Trying best not to sound ignorant but probably am). I have noticed that the culture seems to be pretty comfortable with being aggressive in a sexual nature towards women. I mean it in a way that, they say things that raise red flags in the western culture but wouldn't where they are from originally. Hope that makes sense.

s3ts and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Where do you work.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

<REDACTED>

#115 lnchan, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

In houston.

17. RCPM

RCPM Member

F#*k Cuban and the Mavs...I HATE THEM...always have, always will.

s3ts and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Interestinggggggg. F the Mavs. Team should just be relocated. Oklahoma doesn’t deserve 2 teams.

s3ts likes this.
  19. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Well, I'm from/currently live in Rio de Janeiro, so I agree 100% with this post. It's a very sensitive subject for those who experience this on a daily basis. Even though I don't like the Mavs, I would never make any jokes about this.

Rashmon and Soneca like this.
  20. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Gotta feel bad for the players at least. You don't wish for a decent dude like Dirk to retire on such a low note.

gatsby and Soneca like this.