1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Upcoming SI story to talk about alleged sexual assault in the Dallas Mavericks organization

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

What is Cuban's net worth?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/wealth-management/112315/net-worth-shark-tank-cast.asp

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Slap on the wrist.

Now don't do it again little Marky Mark!

5. Raz

Raz Member

As expected, Cuban got out of this with no noteworthy consequences. Who would've guessed, since he paid the investigation? Just wonder what took them so long, result was crystal clear from the beginning.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  6. Raz

Raz Member

Crocodile tears. He protected a guy that beat up his girlfriend and didn't even fire him when it happened again.

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lol at people blaming Cuban for this... most likely he didnt know about these sexual assaults. Ussery was GM since 1997 and Cuban bought the team in 2000.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Personally, I don't buy it (that he didn't know and he's torn apart) but I'm glad he didn't get away with it completely and has to act this way now.

9. TheresTheDagger

Lawsuits incoming (if they weren't already in place).

Cuban essentially admits the Mavs were an incredibly shitty place for women to work for almost 2 decades but that somehow he didn't know.

I hope those women stick it to him.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I bet Cuban wishes he hadn't spent $70m on that fancy training facility now.

[​IMG]

11. TheresTheDagger

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cuban was smart. He visibly showed remorse. He complied with all of the investigations. He got out in front.

And because of this, he gets his max 2.5M league fine and then donates 10M. Writes a check...and then moves along.

And in the end he 1) does not get suspended and 2) does not lose DRAFT PICKS from the basketball side of the operations.

If the league wanted to PUNISH Cuban and send a message about HOW WRONG all of this was (ignorance is not an excuse Cuban), then the league should have given him a REAL PUNISHMENT (loss of draft picks) and not have Cuban BUY his way out of it.....which is what he did.

Silver dropped the ball with this.

13. Raz

Raz Member

Deuce likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

15. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

I'm inclined believe that he didn't know about this, but a lot of it is because there are no practices in place for those women to come out and speak their minds in a controlled environment such as a whistle-blower system (which apparently was just now placed) - so its partly an organizational lapse - but we really won't know until a full investigation is released.

Large organizations and companies have a lot of communication and actions involved day in an day out, its impossible for a outsider with no insight to an active investigation to place blame on Cuban with this little information - as he candidly admits he really doesn't pay attention to the business side as much as the basketball side - which is why he bought the team (he admits it historically time and again). Just gotta wait until all the facts come out in regards to Cuban's involvement.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ignorance is not an excuse considering his position and the duration of the problems.

tycoonchip likes this.
  17. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a...as-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation/

Again, I'd love to see multiple sources on his involvement and interpretation of the investigation - but from initial glance, I'm inclined to belive him - but also see that he could have done a lot more in terms of organizational/corporate adjustments. In fact, this quote is what I believe a ton of people are really thinking:

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Gross! So the man who stuck his pants down a girls pants without consent is now free with 10M slap on the wrist. Guy is digusting and I hope women boycott the Mavs until he sells the team.
    I hope Rachel Nichols finds some more dirt on the scum bag and releases it.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

My first reaction was he probably didn't know, but he's getting off light compared to his peers. But The more I think about it his story is lame. "I wasn't there." I'm guilty of that. What does that mean? You were there. As much as any owner. "I didn't know about his background." "I knew and I didn't do anything." I mean this all sounds like a shiot story to me to cover the displacement of his ass. And that's irking me overall. He's not acting like the guy he's being portrayed as right now, getting out in front, being open and honest, he sounds a lot more like a guy trying to cover his ass before he loses everything.

TheresTheDagger likes this.