1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Up to #2 in Hollinger Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTown5933, Mar 8, 2014.

1. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I believe there's several things wrong with the Hollinger rankings... BUT... it's still nice to see the Rockets at #2!

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

So many epic things from tonight's win. Brought back feelings from the championship years.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Crazy wolves are 9th aswell, so many blown games

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They've been blowing out nobodies lately.

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wovles point diff is amazing considering their record.

+4.0 is good for 7th in the West and better than teams 5 games better than them in the standings.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We're beating the best teams now, and unlike in the past, beating the teams we're supposed to beat. Two superstars, a terrific starting group overall, and a bench that seems weak right now, but has the potential to improve greatly by the time the playoffs get here, if some key members of the bench mob find their shot (we know who's still looking for it), and get in shape (Asik, and a few others who need to get over relatively minor injuries). Some fit in both categories, of course. ;-)-

Relish where we are right now, Rockets fans. It's been a long time coming. Pray for help with the "i" word, if you're religious, or cross your various appendages that we remain healthy, if you are not.

7. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

O Lord Jesus have mercy.

1 person likes this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

that thing just pretty much reads straight from the power rankings.

9. verysimplejason

It's a nice that Rockets is peaking. However, Rockets overall need to mature more. There's enough time though. Hopefully, everybody will break through.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I swear Stein checks Hollinger's rankings every week before he composes his.

Hollinger's is much more interested in point differential than actual record compared to most rankings. The Rockets and Clippers don't have the best record out there, but they've had massive positive differentials lately and it's carried them to the top this week.

I really enjoy the Hollinger rankings just for the sake of enjoying how the mathematical model reacts to upsets and hot streaks, but let's not pretend it really captures title contention chances.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Crazy that we might have a chance to take the #1 seed in the west right now, and maybe the best record in the whole league if we were to keep up our play of late.

Were only 3 games back from it.