1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unsung hero: Carlos Delfino

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

delfino was just what we needed to win

2. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

He brought the Rockets out of the offensive funk by making some improbable shots look silky smooth. Without him creating offense out of nothing, the Rockets probably lose tonight.

3. ashiin

ashiin Member

Doubt it, we need that spark from Delfino off the bench.

4. grunky

grunky Member

Delfino will be muy importante once Harden starts getting uber-teamed. The way Harden dishes the rock & his ability to drive to the hoop... I really hate to say it but I will.. He reminds me of a poor man's Lebron James. He has a different game than James (diff style of driving to the hoop, better pure shooter), but he sees the floor to a certain extent that Lebron does. Harden... Hory Sheet man... Harden.

1 person likes this.
  5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Definitely, people need to realize that he made some huge shots in the 4th quarter.

6. bmd

bmd Member

I haven't seen Delfino play much except for in the Olympics. And in the Olympics he was money.

He was lighting team USA up.

7. cshen

cshen Member

Delfino has always been a good scorer since he joined the Raptors.

8. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Not surprise at all. He played well during the preseason, hitting alot of threes. Glad we have him now that Martin is gone.

9. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

With two penetrators Delfino has a huge role to play. Gotta hand it to Morey/McHale on this one.

10. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

No reason to "hate to say" the truth. Excellent observation. Repped.

11. nono

nono Member

I love Delfino so much :). Was huge for us yesterday.

12. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Delfino seriously kept that game within reach last night. Douglas, too, I'm amazed to say. Carlos D. has played big so far this year.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

But coachbadlee says why we no play Lamb over Delfino.

14. rocketsmetalspd

Glad we got an Argentinian on the team. Carlos plays with same passion and guts as Scola. I still miss Scola but this young team is fun to watch.

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Del3no also played good D on Kobe towards the end. Overall he was a huge factor and kept us in the game with his 3-pointers

16. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

When he was out thats when i realized how much we missed him.

"Dude's balls are as big as an irish broads ass"~can anyone guess who said this? :grin:

17. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

It does suck when he shoots cold, but when he's on fire he's not afraid to take the big shot. I think one of the positive things about Delfino is that he's not afraid to take the shot when he has to. His confidence never really wavers even when he misses a couple, he keeps going at it. Of course the downside is that if never warms up and keeps shooting cold. I like how Sampson rotates him in and judges whether he can get his stroke going or not before benching him again. Last night's game Sampson kept putting him in when he saw his shot was on.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Carlito's Way! i think he's exactly the kind of glue any team needs for those long February nights that are coming. he is street smart out the butt and has no fear. Seriously just let him play. So the shot isn't going in every time, so what? There are so many ways to win a basketball game.