1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Unofficial) White Sox @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Impossible by choice, not reality/availability ;)

2. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Yeah. Interesting thought...would you take 3 years of Verlander plus Beltran or Gray and Encarnacion? I expect Edwin to fall off by end of his contract, but he would have been great behind CC for a few years.

3. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Indians deserve boocoo credit.....

- They didn't get Lucroy last season because he said, "no"... and almost won the WS.
    - They made the WS despite major injury... and almost won it

Now they're ballin out of control.

#203 Houstunna, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  4. Rox225

Not to mention they have almost everyone locked up for next few years. I see myself hating the Indians for years to come. Let's hope our guys are up to the task!

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Correa absolutely needs to get his **** together in the next 10 games. He's basically coming up to bat with RISP like 50% of the time. One of the biggest differences between the early season Astros and the current team is the fact that Correa was raking in May and June.

marks0223, Commodore, Nook and 2 others like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Really?

Nook likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Angels couldn't win a single HOME game vs CLE.

Who's betting they can't mange an AWAY win @MMP?

Rox225 likes this.
  8. Rox225

And Angels have something to play for! Tribe just **** blocked them, and we let 2nd worst team in MLB feel us up when we're fighting for top seed.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Good memories... you're welcome

10. Buck Turgidson

beaucoup, for future reference.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Right.. Apollo Comedy Hour put its style on it a while back.

12. conquistador#11

I blame the fans. It was a dead atmosphere there. Install my two dollar nachos tuesday and my $3 thirstdays policies and watch the fans stampede to watch Beltran strike out!
    Also the pitcher. He faked an injury to get pulled out of the game and their manager just kept bringing in these no namers. Clever and unfair strategy by those sox.
    you can't sweep them all. no hits for tuve =(

#212 conquistador#11, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

A sweep would have been nice but we won the series so can't really complain. The Indians are just insane right now.

Going forward the big key will be what happens with the bats. Almost teamwide inconsistency. Unfortunately with Correa, this is kind of what we expected post injury. There was a real fear he wouldn't get back to his old self until next year. Mike Trout level results should probably be saved for Mike Trout. On the flip side, it took him about a month to get going at the beginning of the year, so it's possible Correa gets real hot in October.

marks0223 likes this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

A pitcher with a 5.78 ERA comes in and pretty much shuts the team down. All these huge ERA guys must love pitching against the Astros. It's the only team they seemingly pitch against with success. This is the aspect of the Astros I can't figure out. They seem to hit walls against a whole assortment of pitchers that other teams seem to destroy.

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Playoffs can't get here fast enough.

The slow descent of the last 2 months has been tiresome.

Let the real games begin !!!

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Baseball is such a contagious sport. When the locker room vibe is good and guys are having fun they are playing better.

The Astros are starting to warm up at the right time and all it takes is for the Indians to run in to a hot wild card team to create a bit of doubt.

I think you get an epic 6 or 7 game series against the Indians in the playoffs.

BigM likes this.
  17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He shouldn't be on the postseason roster (but will be).

Our postseason lineup should probably have Gattis at DH, Marwin in LF, and everyone else at their normal positions.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I usually give players a year after injury to return to form, so willing to give Correa some time before getting real, but folks know where I stand on his power, so this home run outage is not surprising to me at all. It's his lack of total bases and rbi that is putting a damper on the lineup currently. You can't really mess with his his spot in the lineup given he's our leader. We just gotta live with it. I'd give him a year before getting on him though.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And where is that, exactly?

oh really?

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Sure. I give one year in the NFL, NBA, and MLB for all serious injuries. I gave that to Keuchel. Will do so for McCullers, and Correa before starting to hold them accountable. Recovery, confidence, speed, timing, and chemistry take time and everyone is on a different timetable. Dickie Thon never made it back fully. You gotta be realistic and patient. Especially at the plate. The body and brain both have to comeback and sync up and it could take up to a year in my opinion.