1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial] Buccaneers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Sep 2, 2010.

1. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Did the Texans have a 57 yarder that Rackers couldve kicked just now?

Looks like they made up their minds....sad to see Brown go.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I love the group of receivers, definitely the deepest in the NFL imo. I trust them 5 deep and would be comfortable with any of them starting next to Andre honestly.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I ain't sad. You could argue that he single handedly made the Texans miss the playoffs last season

4. mrdave543

I'm actually a titans fan (I wasnt being sarcastic about me being sad if he leaves the texans). I actually know him and his family, played golf with him, hes a really cool guy. I don't think he will have a problem getting a new team.

Probably best for both sides to part ways, but I know he loves the city of Houston a lot. Wouldnt be surprised if his family stays here.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Reeves doing what he does best.

Never turning around and giving up the big play....

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

There is no question he is a nice guy. He does a lot for the community and used to visit my high school to organize some charity events. But he has hit a mental road block here. It is best for both sides to part. If he fails in the clutch again (which he inevitably will), he is gonna be miserable over it. I view it like the Brad Lidge situation. Lidge still had talent to be a good closer elsewhere, just like Brown can still be a good kicker elsewhere, but there is no way he is ever gonna be what he once was in Houston.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

To be fair to Kris Brown's miss, it was on target. It was straight through the middle, but didn't have the distance.

Now, if he pushed it left or right, I might think differently.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Need one of those
    Remove Dallas Clark and Peyton is not as effective

Rocket River

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Classic Reeves. I have never seen a DB who has that habit as bad as him. And he actually isn't that horrible in close coverage, if he would have ever learned to turn around every once in a while, he could be serviceable, but......

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Dorin Dickerson just made the most ridiculous catch I have ever seen.

11. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

That was a one awesome catch. Watching it live, I felt no way he got both feet in but he actually did. He will make this team for sure. No way he clear waivers in my opinion.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

My buddies in Pittsburgh rave about Double D and blame Pitts Offensive Coordinator for not using him properly his first 3 years in college otherwise he would have been a 1st rd talent.

13. mrdave543

Texans should give Rackers a kick right now at 50+ yards, see if he can make it, and hope for onside kick if he does....why would they wanna tie a preseason game anyways.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

From the box score, it looks like Booty is not completing passes at a high percentage, but also isn't turning it over. 200 yds and 2 tds ain't bad. How has he looked since his good start?

15. Mashing

Mashing Member

The thing about Booty that impressed me is that he threw the ball 35+ times with no picks. He's got a laser for an arm, would like to see him with a bit more touch though on the short throws. I like him better than Dan O for sure though.

16. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He is nothing great. Has a chance to be a career backup. Looked good compared to how Dan-O looked tonight. My guess is they cut Booty and put him on the practice squad.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't think they cut him. They will carry 3 QBs I think. Dan O is not consistent or good enough to not have a guy behind him ready to take over is he screws up

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kubiak presser:
    Assess Dan?

Feel bad for him. Had a great camp. Did good things tonight but made poor decision in RZ. Gotta protect the ball. Hate for him to end the preseason that way. That just cant happen though.

Booty?

Impressive. Has missed a lot of time. Goes in there and handled himself well. Gave us a chance to win.

Did he make the team?

Have to look at everything tomorrow.

Did Dan lose job tonight?

Again, tomorrow

Looked at 3 guys for Cushing?

First thing, Xavier played good. We'll see where he's at. What I thought I saw was pretty good. Bentley can always play there. X got through the game clean.

Did he look better than you thought?

He was fresh so looked faster than others. Let me reserve judgement. Excited he played.

Chance he could start?

Definantely he could. Is he still the guy or can he be? Yes he can.

You wanted to play Orlovsky most of the game, why take him out?

Didnt want to lose him. JDB deserved to get on the field. Have to take a strong look at what he did.

Update on Jeremiah?

Dislocated toe.

Have you seen enough from those guys to make it or plans to look elsewhere?

Got issues. Steves out. Jeremiah is gonna miss some time. Have to look at Henry. ONly got 2 healthy RBs. GOtta see where we're at. Day to day.

Position battle at guard?

Have to look at it. GOod battle. Caldwell was doign a good job. Mike just pushed him to the limit. COuld do a rotation if neither proved to seperate themself.

YOu meant you can lose him injury wise(Dan O)?

Right, injury.

In terms of + and -, he did good?

He has been fine in camp. Has to learn from things. Did good things in the game. GOtta protect the ball in this league. Have not lost confidience in Dan.

TEs had a lot of catches. James Casey in particular.

Brian does a good job with them. James was exceptional. I pulled him in the 4th. Garrett, Derek made some plays. Strong group we got. Got too many bodies there so tough cuts.

Dorin Dickerson?

Up and down as a player. Got the ability. Flashy in camp early. Got nicked up, struggled. Did good things and things you cant do tonight. Got tough cuts at WR.

[missed ? but regarded Kickers]
    I wanted to look at Chris, Jeremiah too.

What about K?

Toughest one I've ever made. Gotta make a decision and do what you think is best for team. Both are classy. NOt looking forward to it.

What will go into it?

The FGs are equal. Looked hard at KOs. Fine line there.

You said, 4-5 guys could make the team from this game?

Nolan stood out to me again. Jumped at me. Adibi jumped at me. Cant dismiss what JDB did. Our TEs also did good.

Glad preseason is over?

Yeah, ready to get going. Been a good camp. Proud of young guys tonight. Kids were excited and had chance at the end. Time to buckle up and go to work.

19. SuraGotMadHops

If Schaub gets hurt, I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans trade to get Sage back from the Vikes.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If Kubiak is the final vote, you can imagine the "only original Texan" thing putting Brown over the top if it really is neck and neck between him and Rackers.