1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[unofficial 2017 ALDS] Red Sox vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by samtaylor, Oct 3, 2017.

1. SuraGotMadHops

Props to you sir, even after the Benintendi homer when all of us were losing our minds, all of your posts were "relax, we got this." The calming confidence of Tha Dude.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just watched SVP recap the cap and got an instant boner all over again.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Verlander has been carrying the team on his back for over a month now, but in the pouring rain, cold and wet, the team carried Verlander. We all in this together. Earned it.

4. HTM

HTM Member

No chance I could be on here during a playoff game while things are going bad... this is the last place you would find me.

BigM and bobrek like this.
  5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i had to work today. Recorded the game. Just watched finally and managed to avoid the outcome all day.

Now I can finally relax....and I have 60 pages of this thread to get through. Talk to you guys in 5 hours

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

7. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Anyone got link of post game radio segment? Couldn't listen at work, but heard sparks was radio gold lol :D

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Caught up! That really did take some time to read through everything. Amazing game..

-I also preferred to go to Harris with a runner on and Verlander to start a clean inning after that (like everyone on here). That said, I was surprised how many people were pissed at bringing in Verlander *regardless of situation*. Just because Hinch does it doesn't mean he was pressured into it, or was copying anyone. Hinch is notorious for preparing like crazy. I'm fairly certain he knew that he'd likely bring Verlander in based on certain circumstances, and he was probably extremely comfortable with Keuchel in Game 5. Neither of the 2 of them pitched lights out in Games 1/2, so I don't think he could go wrong either way.

-Even more surprised at how many people were pissed at Giles going 2 innings. That seemed super straightforward to me given his success in those scenarios over the past month. Regardless of what Verlander had done. It's not like Verlander was in any kind of standard pitching situation...pulling him at any time wouldn't be a bad move. You know Giles can do it.

-Bregs is a stud. So passionate about winning. He's our Sam Cassell. Badass young kid, overly confident, clutch, doesn't know that winning is abnormal. Let's turn it into some championships..
    -Correa was pressing today. Glad it didn't affect him in the field. Hope he can come back around.
    -Not worried about Altuve at all--he comes out of games like this all the time.
    -Yuli is just locked in.
    -Gattis came up with the game-winning run (via Maybin), and then Beltran pushed another one across. Solid moves by Hinch

-Need Devo to get some rest and come back strong
    -Does McHugh start and push Peacock to the pen? Or maybe Peacock/Morton game 4 next round? With LMJ as the long man?

-Where is Mike Fiers these days?

hieuytran, Fyreball, MadMax and 5 others like this.
  9. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

https://t.co/QPQFm2XVUp?amp=1

jelanit and Genesis like this.
  10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Bregman - Sam Cassell comparison may be the best one I've seen. Spot on. Now just don't make the mistake of trading him? heh...

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

So with Cleveland/NY going the distance they will have to use Kluber. That means Kluber would go in games 3 and 7.

That means we will have Verlander/DK going 4 of the first 6, and Kluber going only once. Would make for a tough matchup game 7.

Fullcourt likes this.
  12. Nigel Thornberry

It’s not enough unless we win a World Series. This team is to great to settle for anything less

13. Nigel Thornberry

I guess but I don’t know why you’re just giving Cleveland the win?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I just assumed everybody acknowledged the Yankees winning is a best case scenario, I didn't really feel the need to comment on it.

15. codell

codell Contributing Member

He has been put in charge of keeping Reddick's American Speedo washed and ready for post game festivities.

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

does anyone have any video of them celebrating on the field? I had to go to a freakin meeting in the 9th and missed it..

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

SLRokJok, marks0223, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  18. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Thanks Fulgore. Lmao, is it me or was the mood during that segment all depressing lol. Sounds like church organ playing in background, kind you hear at funeral.

Fulgore likes this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No problem. I noticed that D-bag AJ Pierzynski didnt say a word once the Astros clinched. Most bias baseball broadcast ever.

20. the shark

the shark Member

FANTASTIC pic.....especially with the Green Monster in the background.

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

WE CAME, WE SAW, WE CONQUERED!!!!!