1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 ALCS] New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Maybe. We could be dealing with another group of playoff wimps like the Killer Breeze. We'll find out tomorrow night if they have another pathetic offensive outing.

I would argue however that the 2015 Astros weren't exactly like the 2017 Yankees. Yes, they did have to go win a wild card game on the road(in New York ironically). But they stole Game 1 in Kansas City and won a close Game 3. They were up 2-1 in that series with Game 4 at home. The Yankees were down 0-2 coming home after a devastating Game 2 loss where the entire media and fan base were calling for the manager's head. It was them against the world. The Astros were in a pretty comfortable spot in Game 4 vs the Royals until the team blew a huge lead in the 8th inning and couldn't recover in Game 5.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

If our pitchers continue to get squeezed while they have 3" off the side of the plate.. then it doesn't matter if we have prime Hank Aaron or Micky Mantle up to bat.

htownrox1 likes this.
  3. toycannon

toycannon Member

Got to keep playing both Beltran and McCann and roll the dice to see if they can come up big for us in game 6 and then 7.

4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I thought they were there more for their veteran leadership. Time for them to LEAD and calm these guys down.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Has somebody informed Hinch?

Seems he hasn't done a damn thing about it.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Time to sit Beltran and roll the dice with Gattis.

7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

In this day and age with the ease of travel there should not be a 2-3-2 series. Just doesn't make sense. Doesn't excuse the choke job we have been doing, but just in general.

sammy and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I can't imagine how they could put Beltran in there tomorrow. I'd almost consider hitting Gattis 2nd.

9. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Vegas lines ALL opened for tomorrow's game with the Astros heavily favored.

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

What's this mentality about "anything can happen" in Game 7? Isn't it just like any other pivotal game? You can't just go into G7 and mess around and expect to maybe come out on top. If only we had another reliable pitcher like Verlander or Keuchel (sorta) for Game 6 and save Verlander for another Game 7 complete game. But for now Game 6 is our Game 7.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It makes much more sense in baseball.

If anything, make it 3-3-1.

13. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

#5753 cwebbster, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

What do you think about giving Fisher a shot to get another lefty bat in the lineup?

JaceMan da SpaceMan likes this.
  15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Why would you want to put a rookie in to replace a player that is batting .000 haha

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'll take anybody over Gattis

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Gattis was pretty solid against the Red Sox. He hasn't had many opportunities against the Yankees, but at home, he's DEFINITELY better than Beltran.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

The more I think about it, the more I reflect on the Astros body language, the more I think this team is done. They look beat. I expect Verlander to have a good outing, but sooner or later the "bullpen" (known by other names) will come in. And then it is over. The Yankees are on a major roll. I don't expect this to go to game seven. Really a shame, majorly disappointing. Baseball is a very, very long season, and to wait this long for this huge letdown is a monster bummer for Astro fans. It will be hard to get excited about next season.

Houstunna likes this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

Reckon we will find out if they learned anything from '15, cause here we are, just one round later. This is what having playoff experience is all about. Dial it up.

20. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am not real optimistic. BUT.. If Verlander can make quick work of the pin stripe twats in the first and then we can rally for 2 runs or so that will change the energy of the game and maybe the series. Then maybe the youngness of the Yankees will have them pressing. Just a hope.

Houstunna and solid like this.