1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unofficial 2017 ALCS] New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by swyyyguy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Astros will be an underdog at home with Verlander starting.
    No. I don't think you fire him. Hinch is growing on the job. I have been angry with him at times, but he is not on the hot seat.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Did they speak on how garbage they’ve been at the plate? Maybe they can speak on how they can actually swing and hit something.

Houstunna, mrm32 and J.R. like this.
  3. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Was anyone listening to guys who have done jack squat in this series?

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Oh nasty

Pen15clubber and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Local sport sucks because of me. Man am I powerfull! Hey, I complain with the best of them, but with you it's nonstop. Get over yourself. Maybe you should move to a city where they win all the time. How's about you go to NY or Boston? You will be so missed around here!

#5705 Smacktle, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Let's talk Game 6 lineup. I think AJ has to change things up to at the very least get the guys to quit overthinking this. Just get out there and play. Springer has done a terrible job at setting the table and has been way over swinging. I think you put him in the 2 hole to get him to start thinking about doing the little things like moving guys over.

Altuve is pressing. Put him in the leadoff spot to get to focus on just slapping the ball where it's pitched for a base hit.

Yuli is raking and is 4 for 5 lifetime vs. Severino. Perfect guy for the 4 hole. I don't worry about Yuli's mental toughness hitting cleanup. Nothing about his last few games concerns me.

Correa actually had a very good AB today in the 9th, so perhaps he'll be fine in the 3 hole. It's still a pressure position, but a little less so than cleanup. Also, Correa is 3-4 lifetime vs. Severino.

Reddick is 3 for 7 with 2 doubles vs. Severino. Put him in the 5 hole where he can just rake. Beltran looks awful and strikes out way too much. I'm going with Gattis at DH. He is also 1 for 2 vs. Severino.

1. Altuve 2B R
    2. Springer CF R
    3. Correa SS R
    4. Yuli 1B R
    5. Reddick RF L
    6. Gattis DH R
    7. Marwin LF S (L)
    8. Bregman 3B R
    9. McCann C L

This lineup does many things. It makes the hitters forget about their past failures somewhat as each hitter now has a different role. I like that this lineup will get guys like Springer to change their approach. A change of approach is exactly what these hitters need.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

New phone. Who dis.

Uprising and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  8. Malaya

Malaya Member

Deep breaths, deep breaths ... we still need to fight. Only Yuli is showing some fight out there ... smh

If we win the next game, we need to go to McCullers again.

Hinch can only work with the personnel given him. Luhnow should have beefed up the bullpen at the trade deadline. Liriano is a joke.

Analytics FO want to be known for discovering gems in the rough, refurbishing cast-off pitchers. Well, coming back to bite us. We need a bullpen with pedigree. We need to open the pocketbook.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If you live without expectations you can’t be disappointed. #awakenings #yoda

Invisible Fan and Uprising like this.
  10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Quality post. I prefer to keep altuve in a more rbi type spot rather than the leadoff spot. I think hinch will keep him 3rd.

I really like that hinch finally put yuli at 5th instead of marwin the other day.

Marwin needs to show up this game btw. Hopefully home cooking does wonders for reddick, marwin, the whole team, and the umps strike zone lol.

Uprising likes this.
  11. SuraGotMadHops

There's only man that can help us now, and it's the "I Still Believe" sax man from The Lost Boys.

[​IMG]

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

"PARTLY because" is what I said. Tell it right, if you say it.

Nonstop complaining? -- Was I complaining when I attempted helping you with that ticket info? Nobody else cared to say anything to you.

LMAO at this fool. Can't handle reality/unbiased - on many levels.

Put me on ignore

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#5713 Chilly_Pete, Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Go Stros !!!!

Back home, let's do it

Smacktle and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Do I go to game 6 or game 7? Wife won't let me to go to both. Maybe I can take my buddy Houstunna.

17. Nook

Nook Member

At least the Astros aren't making excuses and talked about it. It was good to see Correa and McCann speak up.... I am sure there was a certain Virginian that wanted to say a few things but thought the better of it.

18. John Pudner

John Pudner New Member

I like your lineup, and agree something needs to be changed after 5 games of not hitting. I feel like I'm back in the White Sox world series. Momentum changes with one game in baseball playoffs, so while I am going in with no confidence, we could all be feeling great again at any point in Game 6 - but may need to hope Verlander can go all the way again.

SooneRockStro likes this.
  19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Team isn't loose at all like they were. ZERO idea why. This ain't your father's Yankees: These kids are younger than us.

9 runs in 5 games? That shouldn't even merit a 3-2 series. We've been amazingly awful at the plate and these pitchers aren't good enough to justify it.

20. texans1095

texans1095 Member

By the same logic then the Indians should fire their manager. And by that logic the Cubs should fire Joe Madden for making a few bullpen mistakes. Look, has Hinch made some mistakes? Sure. But that’s no reason to fire the guy. He’s played a significant role in this team’s success. Him pulling LMJ had nothing to do with a crappy bullpen blowing the game the innings LMJ wasn’t going to be pitching even if he had finished the 7th. But sure, fire Hinch. See how that affects the clubhouse. You’re not gonna find many managers who have better relationships with his players. Not saying you keep him around solely for that reason, but firing Hinch at this point would NOT go over well with the players.