1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

United volunteers to kick people off plane

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YuleC, Apr 10, 2017.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

United Express is one of United Airlines' brands. It was a United Airlines ticket on a United Airlines flight (United Airlines Express Flight 3411) on a United Airlines brand. You're going to have a tough time convincing anyone that United Airlines had nothing to do with the situation.

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Preach. All everyone cares about is fake news nowadays.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Is there anything fake about what I wrote?

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Calm down brotato chip, it was a facetious statement.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

When their news proves fake they just attack people who told them it was fake all along. Now I apparently hate asian people. I honestly thought these guys couldn't scientifically lose more credibility. They continue to amaze me.

jev5555 likes this.
  6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And to think, this is supposed to be the hangout not d&d.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

CEOs always apologize for mistakes by other companies.

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Especially when Warren Buffett and Gordon Bethune are pulling your strings.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Sarcasm? Can someone help me here? You ever been on a flight? Seriously.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Wow, 37 pages and no references to this scene or airport jokes, nothing???? The *** is wrong with ya'll???

11. VanityHalfBlack

The movie Airplane, did I miss any gifs or memes from that?

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Braybe brou brould bronvey brour brone brore braightbrorwardly brext brime, bralifornia broll.

13. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

It happened on United property. They are absolutely liable.

TMac'n likes this.
  14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[​IMG]

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Oscar Munoz...is that you?

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the situation. Again, I have no love for United.

I fully agree, it was a United ticket and its United's mess to clean up.

That said, no responsibility is given to those who actually escalated the incident every step of the way. Its much easier to blame Evil Corp and fan the flames of fury. While I disagree everyone wants to watch the world burn, the media has clearly taken this approach. No longer does the media capitalize on the misery of others, they now fan the flames of fury and encourage this type of behavior with subjective journalism and sometimes outright lies.

I had some pity on the guy until watching the videos the lead up to the incident (which the media wont play). Its pretty clear the passenger was doing a Frank Gallaghar-esque attempt at for a settlement payday. He fully understood he was going to get detained. He fully understood he was going to be physically removed from the plane. He even admitted he would get a law suit out of this before he was dragged off the plane. The screaming tempertantrum was nothing more to capitalize on the situation. I feel bad for the law enforcement officers who will lose their job for falling to this guys scam.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sorry if already posted

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

First, the new video just came from another passenger and it is being shown by the media:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel...ght-3411-chicago-o-hare-airport-a7681531.html

And the video shows that the passenger was on the phone describing what was going on, mentions how the next flight would be the next day, says he has patients he would have to see, and how long the total travel would be. During his phone conversation he responds to the CDA that he would not want to get off the plane, that he would rather go to jail. He does say he will bring a lawsuit (hard to tell if that was directed to the CDA or to the person on the phone) but it seems like something anyone would say faced with someone threatening to drag you off a plane you think you have every right to be on. Throughout the video the passenger sounds relatively calm and non threatening, given the situation. The video stops before CDA grabbed him, pulled him out of his seat, and dragged him down the aisle. But the other video shows that.

20. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I was up on posts, and then fell way behind. So forgive me if this is just rehashing of the last...8-10 pages.

The facts according to the latest info I have come across are simply there was no overbooking, so oversold/overbooked flight policies don't apply. If it was overbooked, they'd know before boarding and would have handled this at the gate inside the terminal. United/Republic's policies are such that there is no way this passenger who has been ticketed and boarded is last in priority. It should have been the non-revenue passengers which would have been the employees who were deemed "must fly" or whatever.

Did the passenger know this? Likely not, but it still doesn't put him in the wrong for refusing to deplane. He knew that he paid for his ticket and they boarded him on the plane, so he should be there. He could have avoided all this, for sure. His shady nature doesn't ignore the fact that if United had just followed their own policy, none of this would have happened. It is on the airline, not this guy, period.