1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

United Airlines: Not Pet friendly

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Mar 14, 2018.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

they gave an interview like 2 days ago. you can watch the video here: http://abc7ny.com/pets-animals/he-c...-speaks-out-after-dog-dies-on-flight/3214213/

Also here is another excerpt from another blog stating the FA should have known there was a dog in there and assured the dog will be fine

On Monday night, witness June Lara says United flight attendants insisted another passenger place her dog in the overhead bin on a flight from Houston to LaGuardia. This, despite the fact that the dog was in a TSA-approved carrying case and that United’s policy clearly states that dogs should be stored under the seat in front of the passenger in those cases. For unclear reasons, the flight staff allegedly asked the passenger to put the pup, a 10-month-old French Bulldog, in the overhead bin without explaining why but assuring the passenger the dog would be fine.

https://gizmodo.com/united-makes-passenger-put-puppy-in-overhead-bin-puppy-1823745993

Yung-T likes this.
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, kind of bizarre. I've never been on a flight where there wasn't MULTIPLE people that get up to go to the restroom even when the seat belt light is on. Usually they have to remind people on the intercom multiple times, and they STILL do it. So no one was willing to thwart the rules for just 20 seconds to stand up and pop it open to check on the dog?

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

So I have been on a few dates with a flight attendant for United. Should I evacuate now?

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

I would immediately look for the nearest exit.
    Also locate the life vest located under your seat.

PS. How are her flotation devices?

Sadat X likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, but in this case, you need to remain in the Upright and Locked position while evaculating.

BleedsRocketRed, Sadat X and tinman like this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Stick her in a big luggage bag. Then, put her in the trunk of your car for 3 hours. Then, check on her. If she's okay after that, then continue with the relationship. If she is not, then sue United.

Sadat X likes this.
  7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I read it as ejaculating haha.

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  8. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

In all seriousness, I have been giving her lots of **** for this. She is a huge animal lover and is devastated by the news and is embarrassed about it.

9. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Unfortunate but it's not gonna matter. People will still fly UA

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This. People ignore the seat belt sign all the time. I've seen people casually walking to the bathroom to pinch off a loaf during takeoff and I'm sure FA's and more frequent fliers than me see that kind of stuff all the time.

If my dog was in the storage bin, I'd be checking on him every 10 minutes - seat-belt sign or no seat-belt sign.

Something odd about this whole story...

hvic likes this.
  11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I flew United from Austin to NYC a couple months ago. The guy next to me had a puppy french bulldog that sat in its carrier in front of us.... Oh, the guy was Ron White!

12. htownrocket87

htownrocket87 Member

On a side note, the mother of the daughter who lost her dog is a dime!

13. jacoby

jacoby Member

This is bound to annoy some people, but I have to ask.

If United kills a few animals per year, why is that grounds for national outrage but nobody bats an eye to the billions of animals that are tortured every year in America alone? Is there any justification besides "I like dogs"?

Sajan likes this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Basically the outrage is because people view pets as superior to random farm animals since they have an emotional connection with them.

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

I understand the emotional connection, but surely people have to recognize how hypocritical this outrage is. Is there anything beyond "I like dogs and not pigs" that justifies this sort of reaction?

16. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

lmao. I love when vegans get on their high horse.

As if every human being on the face of the planet isn't a hypocrite about something.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A vegan would never use a high horse.

durvasa likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Yes. ~20,000 years of cohabitation. We evolved together.

Nook likes this.
  19. MystikArkitect

I watched Okja on Netflix. Man, it’s a tough watch. Touches on this topic.

jacoby likes this.
  20. jacoby

jacoby Member

So the justification is because we arbitrarily chose to mistreat certain species over others?

Do you not find it disturbing what happens to cats and dogs in Asia?