1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNDISPUTED] Sauces say there is tension between Chris Paul and Rockets over Tillman low-balling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I have multiple credible sources that say brousstard likes to go at it with little goats.

take this truth and run with it internet!

luckyman76 likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

TIlman IS low-balling him after all. ;)

Source: Chris Paul is laser focused, and only tantalized with high balls.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

KJ,
    I agree with you to an extent and believe that brand/business will be a consideration. However, I don't believe LeBron has fought and struggled to be the best only to sacrifice his "potential" legacy as the greatest ever to focus more attention on his brand/businesses now.

This is the moment, where LeBron may forever look back and say "What if?" To become the greatest he needs to dethrone the Warriors and win 2-4 more championships. That is exceedingly difficult. Only one team gave the Warriors a run for their money, only one.

The West and East are only going to be tougher next year. Hell Boston took Cleveland to 7 missing their two marquee players. Philly's youth will get better. The West is getting tougher.

Forming some super team out of pixie dust is a media fantasy. The league and the media want LAL to be relevant again and LeBron and PG going there would do that, but I can't see them being more than a 4 seed. Can LeBron overcome tougher competition in the early rounds in the West like he did in the East?

Plus LeBron is human, every man starts to feel different at 35 no matter how great you are. Playing with a team with other stars and contributors will lessen the wear and tear on his body, and give him greater chance to extend championship runs into his mid-30s.

In the end you may be right and this is all just "bizness", but if LeBron's Legacy is to be the true King, the greatest that ever played he needs to win more championships. He can still sell shoes/pizza/jerseys, make movies, etc. while he's winning rings in the Toyota Center.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Agree with most everything yer sayin... cept I think Bron's legacy is secured... He will go down as possibly the best of all-time - people will argue era, teammates, etc... but no numbers of additional championships on some 'superteam' is going to allow him to usurp MJ in many people's minds - and to attempt to do so is a fool's errand... imo...
    There's really nothing to be gained... some people's perception about his legacy? I dont see chasing that image over doing what's in the best interest of a brand image that has been cultivated to be what it is... jus sayin...

K-Low_4_Prez and Shark44 like this.
  5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. We'll see how it plays out soon.

kjayp likes this.
  6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I’m not saying we shouldnt bring him back I just don’t think he should be upset that we wouldn’t want to give him the full max... he’s smart enough to know why we would be hesitant.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What did I say that isn’t a fact?

Trust me if we give CP3 the max this board will turn on him. Just wait.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron is a competitor. He is not going to settle down the rest of his career without attempting to get more rings than Jordan if he physically can get more rings than Jordan. 3 Championships in 8 tries is not going to look so good at the end in all honesty. Every Media outlet there is compares the two and scoffs at his failures to win it all after 8 finals appearances. He definitely will not go down as a best ever without at least getting as many as Kobe.

bawanyh, clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he is a coward if he doesnt come here

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Chris broussard will always be one of those people I wonder how in earth he got a job. I think they just hired him because he is loud. Tillman signed up for this team to be expensive! He signed up to win a championship too. He will make his money back guaranteed, especially if he gets Lebron!

luckyman76 and clutchdabear like this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No He's just a bum if he doesn't come here. Unless there is a guarantee that he can get 3 or more superstars wherever he goes and can adjust to a new system, his very best chance to win a ring is right here in Houston. That or boston calls san antonio and offers kyrie for kawhi and then lebron ends up in Boston. Besides Houston or Boston no other team makes sense for a 33 34 yr old who needs to win now would go!

luckyman76 likes this.
  12. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Speaking of Kobe why would he wanna go to LA so Kobe can go "remember me I brought 5 more rings to this franchise before he showed up and if he doesn't win anything here than Ya he for sure not the GOAT and not even better than me". Going to LA is living in shadows and they don't accept anything other than rings and if LeBron doesn't brings rings the fans will turn on him quickly. LA fans quick to support you when the team good but when the team is bad they don't exist. Even the ones who claim did hard fans refuse to watch the games. Ya I don't see LeBron going to LA for added pressure on his legacy. LA will ruin any chance of being GOAT without rings which he won't get there. Not with everyone else only getting better. I just don't see it. Unless it's not about winning and legacy anymore. Unless he wants to be remember for movies instead of rings. Maybe he wants to be the next action hero star from athlete. Like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson haha.

TEXNIFICENT and Bids9 like this.
  13. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

That fat b*stard is probably salivating at the prospect of LeBron plus CP3! Only if it’s in Houston is that a realistic option fatty!

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I agree with the James part but KD couldn't do it either until he lost all hope in himself and went to an allstar team.

15. s3ts

s3ts Member

If Lebron won more rings, to have as many as MJ does, he'd secure being the GOAT. At that point the only thing people could argue is how stupid it is for such a superstar to team-hop in order to win rings. It is still stupid, but in an era of teamhopping, it isn't so bad.

In other words, Lebron still has more to prove if he wants ro be declared the GOAT. He really isn't there yet.

16. Jose Capone

Jose Capone Member

Houston is the perfect place for LeBron. He will be with his BFF, its the best place to win and to make his Finals win/loss ratio even out some. The dude scored 51 points and lost? Lol, Houston he won't need to score 51, because he doesn't have to do all, which would be beneficial towards his health long term. Harden at this point in time is better than Wade during any of the 4 years LeBron was with him and about to be MVP. And Paul would be the best true pg he ever teamed up with. Dantoni is probably the best coach hes played for as well, definitely the most experienced. It's a no brainer. Play 4 years in Houston, win 2 or 3 rings, all the while Cleveland is stocking up high draft picks and players, and play 1 or 2 season there and retire in Cleveland. That's 5 years from now, he'll be 38,39 and by the time he hangs it up, he most likely have beaten Jabbars scoring record, have over 10,000 assist, 10,000 rebounds and maybe 5 or 6 rings. I also want to see this team play together. Scary good and LeBron plays way better when he is with talent and this whould instantly become the best team he would be on in his whole career. Heres hoping!

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and D-rock like this.
  17. kjayp

My point is that I dont think Bron can pass MJ at this point - regardless...
    Let's assume Bron comes to Houston and wins 3 consecutive NBA Championships... does that make him the GOAT?
    That would make 6 championships in a 21 year career...
    MJ has 6 championships in 15 years - and that includes the 2 years with Washington...
    Throw in the teamhopping of Bron vs MJ getting all his rings on 1 team...
    Nothing LBJ does at this point is going to make him the undisputed GOAT... it is what it is...

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Maybe, but if he wins 2-4 rings here, he'll have been the only guy to win championships (of his caliber) with 3 teams and he can make a case. Plus, he has to be tired of GS (like we all our). There are probably only two teams next year that can realistically dethrone the Warriors. A healthy Boston should be the dominant team in the East and a LeBron-led Rockets that still maintains some of its complementary players will have the star power and depth to whip GS straight up. No one else will be close and I'm sure this is CP3's pitch to Bron.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ris-paul-kawhi-leonard-paul-george/728017002/

As for the recent report from Fox Sports’ Chris Broussard that there are rising tensions between the two sides because Paul wants the full max and isn’t sure if he’ll get it, two people with knowledge of the situation refuted the idea there is any friction between the sides. The people spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

If it’s any indication, Paul is part of the Rockets contingent expected to be on hand for the TNT awards in Los Angeles on Monday to help his co-star, James Harden, celebrate the MVP award that is widely expected to be coming his way. What’s more, Paul recently bought a new house in the Houston area. As for the prospect of James joining him, it’s looking highly unlikely.

DonKnock, D-rock, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  20. kjayp

'if he wins 2-4 here... he can make a case' ....
    This is what I'm talking about... some arguable intangible undefined legacy assessment - that may even be unattainable at this point in his career - vs acting in the best interest of his brand and financial future...
    Smart move is go be the toast of Tinseltown... get your ubersuperdupermax money with no fuss... maybe they add pieces and make a run maybe they dont... regardless add to the legacy by continuing to be a superstar in the iconic purple and gold... start transitioning into more of mentor for the youngsters to prolong your career another few years... setup shop in LA and start working toward that film career or whatever... and if there's any room for LBJ to make more money in endorsement deals - LA is the place to do it...
    I'd love to see LBJ come to Houston and have us crush those weasely worriers... i just dont see it being the best move in the long run for LBJ - and people typically operate in their best interest...

Shark44 likes this.