1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Undefeated] Pissed Off Melo has a message for you: ‘I know how to play this game of basketball’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://theundefeated.com/features/...u-i-know-how-to-play-this-game-of-basketball/

Pissed Off Melo has a message for you: ‘I know how to play this game of basketball’
    He has never entered an NBA season with this many people writing him off

By Jemele Hill @jemelehill July 26, 2018

Last month, Carmelo Anthony posted a picture of himself on Instagram sipping a glass of red wine, looking as if he was living his best life. The caption read: “MOOD. All critics can DUCK SICK.”

Not exactly subtle.

“Yes, duck sick,” he said, laughing. “And there’s more of that coming.”

Anthony has spent a considerable portion of his career in a vortex of criticism, but in this next stage, Melo could potentially undo some of the damage that’s been done in the past year to his already complicated legacy.

Hours after a three-team trade that sent Anthony to the Atlanta Hawks became official, he sounded like someone who had gone through the multiple stages of grief and had finally landed at acceptance.

“To get bought out, to get waived, you were looked at like you’re done,” said Anthony, who was in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday to attend a private Nike event. “Now, it’s just almost like the norm. If something doesn’t work, go ahead and get a buyout or go ahead and get traded. That’s the new norm in our society in basketball. I had to get over that. I had a conversation with my wife and family. I said to them, ‘I’m not taking no buyout, I’m not getting waived.’ And they said, ‘At the end of the day, nobody is going to know that. You have to do what you have to do. It’s going to be a blip on your radar. It’s on to the next chapter.’ It took me a while to get to that point where I’m like, OK, I’m going to accept it.”

The Hawks won’t even be a sentence in Anthony’s biography. The team is expected to waive him, and once he clears waivers he’ll be an unrestricted free agent.

All signs point toward Anthony signing with the Houston Rockets, which presents Anthony with one of the most intriguing opportunities of his career.

“Obviously we’re just trying to figure it out,” Anthony said. “Everybody knows about the trade to Atlanta. I think everything is trying to get cleared right now. I’ll let the people do what they do. I just sit back, and when the time comes and the call gets made, we’ll make that move.”

Melo is at a fascinating crossroads. He is 34 years old and coming off arguably his worst season, with career lows in overall field goal percentage and 3-point shooting.

Now the player who has had a reputation for only caring about his money and his touches could be playing for a team that will be considered a championship contender. And for the veteran’s minimum.

Make no mistake, Melo will still get the $27.9 million the Oklahoma City Thunder owe him — if you’ve learned anything from his career, then you know he doesn’t leave money on the table — but Melo has never entered an NBA season with this many people writing him off. Forget about Hoodie Melo or Olympic Melo. We might meet Pissed Off Melo, should he go to Houston.
    more at the link

2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

@Os Trigonum just stirring the pot on this early morning of Melo Clears Waivers Day

[​IMG]

3. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

So at 5:45 today, hes gonna be so pissed off, hes gonna tear through the paper when signing that min contract.

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

“Pissed off Melo” is going to piss on the Warriors!!!! :eek:

Go Rockets!!!

Tomstro, Possum, bmelo and 5 others like this.
  8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

This thread is going to trigger someone who probably doesn't realize they read it last week.

Rocket River, Dacamel and fattz like this.
  9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is it just me, or is this an old interview with several threads already.

Nook, jch1911, AroundTheWorld and 6 others like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

nonsense. I.D.I.O.T.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

The mind is willing. Is the body?

14. Fantasma Negro

Jemele Hill is a shitty writer. You had a one on one with Melo and end up with a marshmallow fluff piece of an article. Carmelo is mad, thanks for the update

15. Fantasma Negro

He clears at 2 ct, I'm pretty sure Morey has already faxed the contract so he might be signed at 3. Maybe for poops and giggles Morey sends the press release at 4.45 ct 5:45 est. But I'm more excited about the corresponding dominoes

16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

@realDonaldTrump

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  17. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

All Melo, all the time here at MeloFans

18. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

This guy gets it.

dreamshakin likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If there was ever a time to add Carmelo as a third option now is it.

Hopefully he can channel that feeling into positive impact.

Invisible Fan and Dacamel like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]