1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unarmed black man killed by police officer after car crash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FishBulb913, Sep 16, 2013.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/faML0QvVb2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP to the dead

2. cml750

cml750 Member

I am not going to get into a religious debate(even though you always seem to try to draw me into one) and think this was a terrible mistake by the police, but If the victim believed in Jesus, he is in a much better place.

CW, you have some serious issues with religion. You might want to see a counselor about your religious phobic tendencies.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

LOL. You're one of the funnier posters here I admit.

4. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

So wanting to know all the facts before making a judgment is "crap" :rolleyes:

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This story doesn't make sense. Why would the police shot a man just for running towards them without seeing a weapon. And why would a guy run and not walk towards the police?

Since dead man don't talk, it is very suspicious. Something doesn't add up here.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The guy would run toward police because he'd been in a wreck was trapped in his car and had been trying to get help. He thought the police would be that help, and with his adrenaline pumping he ran to them.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I'm sure the video will be released soon but I share Lou's opinion that the guy acted irrational even considering the fact he was just in an accident.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Honestly, I have no idea, but it does make sense to me that a person with adrenaline flowing who'd been trying to get help, was scared, and believed the police were the help he needed would run to them.

Add to that the fact that they lady who called 911 on him may have also scared him into thinking she had a weapon, or had called the police on him. He could have run to the police hoping to get his story out before they assumed the worst about him.

There are so many variables that it's impossible to say why he ran to the police. But there are a number of scenarios where it would have made some sense to do, if he trusted the police would help him.

9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

1 unarmed man

3 police officers

Shameful.

10. DAROckets

Just read a quote saying they are not going to release it because it's part of the investigation . Lawyer for the deceased guy's family and lawyer for the cop give conflicting statements on what it shows . From what I read it looks like the cops were spread out with 2 on one side and the shooter behind . First 2 cops aimed tasers at him and issued stand down order (?) He continued advancing arms down , one behind his back . Cop fire's taser and he turns and sprints towards the cop who shot him .. there may or may not have been physical contact made between the deceased and the cop who shot ?

Most of that is from the cop's lawyer .Lawyer for the family said he only viewed it once and "wasn't sure"

I'd still need more info before I made any type of judgement .

11. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

what fact will change your opinion on someone unarmed being shot ten times?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It might be that he was far away and ran to get to the police sooner?

Something doesn't make sense. Him running towards the police in a threatening manner makes no sense. The police being threatened by him makes no sense.

Someone acted irresponsibly here. Maybe him, maybe the police, maybe both. I am curious to know.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't know that he ran to them in a threatening manner. I just know that he ran to them.

14. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I would suspect a toxicology report was done. I would also suspect that a person maybe a little amped after having to kick themselves out of a car to avoid drowning

15. DAROckets

What do you mean by "change my opinion" ? I've said several time's that I was waiting for more facts before I form an opinion .What about that is so difficult for you to understand ?