1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH QB Headed To Philly

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ryan17wagner, Apr 30, 2007.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

University of Houston quarterback Kevin Kolb was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the second round, 36th overall, in the NFL draft on Saturday. Kolb, one the nation's best quarterbacks last year, was in Poth, Texas at a family ranch and was stunned to receive the early call.

"It was a shock. Obviously, as an athlete you feel you are as capable as anyone else on the board, but in the draft it has to be the right team, the right selection at the right time and God was on my side today. But now that it has happened, I can see why they did it. I can see the fit.

The fit is the style of offense. The Eagles run a West Coast offense, where passing accuracy and timing are the keys to success. At Houston, the Cougar offense was dependent on Kolb's arm. His 67.8% completion rate was seventh best in the nation. He also threw 30 touchdowns with only four interceptions. Of the two quarterbacks drafted ahead of him, JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn, Kolb had the better TD to INT ratio by far.

Kolb, who grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan, would watch his team battle the Eagles and noticed how their style of play matched well with his. "If I can pick one (offense) from the beginning, it be this one because they move a lot of guys around, get mismatches, line up in different formations, go a little shotgun," Kolb said. "We did all that stuff at U of H. If they saw, they knew I'd adjust pretty well to what they do. I think it's a perfect fit and hopefully it will work out in the future."

Notes: Kolb was the highest drafted UH player since Antowain Smith in 1997 and the first UH quarterback drafted since David Klinger in 1992. As of Saturday, Kolb stated he is no longer a Dallas Cowboys fan.

http://www.houstonist.com/archives/2007/04/30/houston_qb_head.php

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

WRONG FORUM!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

;)

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

yeah after today to be fair all Kolb news goes into the hangout with the VY stuff.

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

No way! It's a Houston team!

5. msn

msn Member

Blasted KKOFs. Kolb plays in Philadelphia. Get over it, already.

:p

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I wish clutch would bite the bullet and just assimilate all UT/UH/A&M/Rice stuff into the Houston Sports section.

7. halfbreed

To be on topic for a second, congrats to Kolb. To be drafted in the high second round is quite a feat and he'll be in a good spot in Philly even if the Eagles fans don't like the pick.

8. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Yeah, we should get rid of UH and Rice post in the HOUSTON sports sections. What city do they play in again?

9. msn

msn Member

I'd rather include UH, Rice, UT, and TAMU and exclude the comets, personally. :D

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

No joke.

Wrong forum?

My ass wrong forum..

11. msn

msn Member

Ummmmmmm, the original "wrong forum" joke was a poke at all the VY nonsense that's gone on in here. You fellas need to check your sarc meters.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I kinda doubt that.

13. halfbreed

*Ding*

14. msn

msn Member

You do? What about Kevin Kolb would incite someone to post three of these: :mad: ? It was plainly a rip at the whole VY fiasco, with folks posting articles all about VY and other folks piling on with "WRONG FORUM!!!11!!11", all of them employing tons of "angry" or patronizing emoticons. Dude even winked at the bottom of his post.

The "sarc meter", along with proper interpretation of emoticons, are absolutely critical in the discerning the motive behind a BBS post.

These are the "new social skills" of the 21st century.

For example, look below and, in 20 words or less, tell me what I was feeling:
    :mad: :mad: :eek: :mad: :p
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    ;) :D

(this entire post was tongue-in-cheek)

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I'm glad for him and think over time, he'll do well...It's kind of a bad situation for any QB...I mean, if they picked up a QB in the 3rd or 4th, no probl, but in the 2nd, it sends a message...

I'll miss the Anna-Megan stories about him...She's got some big cans and is easy on the eyes...

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You might consider re-examining the name of the forum. It is the Texans, Astros, Comets forum.

17. msn

msn Member

Then why all this Dynamo crap in here? (just kidding, fĂștbol fans)

And, you might want to re-check yourself:
    There being only one forum under "Houston Sports", it would logically follow...

18. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Too bad they're gonna bench him. Kolb is going to be a great NFL QB.

19. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

They're moving McNabb to fullback.

20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Even though it says "Houston Sports", women's basketball really isn't a sport, so the forum is confusing to begin with.