1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UH Hoops Lands Two Top National Recruits

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by lost_elephant, Sep 11, 2011.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

Lol these guys are at lifetime in Sugarland every day, they live with some African dude named Frank who is best friends with Hakeem, they train with Dream also..

2. pge71188

pge71188 Member

any word on bail or carey?

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Apparently (lol) they've postponed their announcement. Coogfans.com is speculating that they are waiting on definitive word from UH regarding scholarship availability.

Was hoping for good news yesterday. Looks like we'll have to wait longer...and when the announcement comes, hopefully they'll be choosing UH.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Hate to say it, but I can pretty much guarantee that something will happen to screw this up. Someone won't qualify, or will get arrested, or catch some kind of freaky disease, who knows, but it won't end up being that great of a haul. How do I know? Because it's UH. Not much ever really goes right when it comes to Houston basketball. It's the curse of Tito Horford. Don't believe me? Look it up...

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

To be honest, they do a poor job of trying to recruit local talent. Guy lewis did it and pat foster a little. I came out in 90 and in 88, they showed some intrest. On my summer league team, which was kinda new, wingfield (brazoswood) and mcgyver (brazosport) never got a letter. Wingfiled signed with louisville and mcgyver went to michigan the year before fab 5. Both transferred to UT in 93. Now neither did alot in college, both had talent, but houston didnt even recruit these guys in their own backyard.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

House signed his LOI this morning(or today)

Berman

8. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Bail and Carey

I heard Texas Tech ( B. Gillispie ) is trying to spend money on Bail,Carey, and Izundu.

9. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Two losses when up with under 2 seconds left. I can't wait to get next years studs, it seems like we have some pieces. Though Young was off tonight.

10. boomboom

Supporting Member

Was nice to see them on CBSSN. Was very disappointing to see about 500 people at the game. C'mon UH students (and alum)!

11. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

I was at the game, alot more than 500 people were there. Probably about half full. It actually got pretty loud in there near the end of the game which was good to see.

Thomas is going to be a stud. Young needs to find his shot but looks good. Simmons is all hustle and athleticism. Cut down on the turnovers based on our youth and we aren't too bad.

12. boomboom

Supporting Member

On tv it looked like it was pretty empty. But then again, most of the shots only showed the first few rows. I guess the lighting in the Hof makes it look so...desolate. Would love to see a new facility built that is similar to the "field houses" that other big time programs use. Would also love to see the seats come all the way down to the floor...and not have that "hockey wall" that Hofheinz currently has.

Man...I can't wait for these facilities to get underway. Good things happening at UH.

And...I remember taking a karate class (for PE credit) on the floor in the Hofheinz Pavilion. Pretty neat being on the same floor as Phi Slama Jama. :)