1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

UH hires new OC and Special Teams Coach

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by mastraw18, Jan 12, 2012.

1. mastraw18

mastraw18 Member

-Nesbitt leaves SFA who also runs the air-raid type offense.
    -Christian leaves Arizona State who basically retains Levine's old label as the Special Teams Coach and the TE/Inside Receiver Coach

Source/article:

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011112aab.html

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No it hasn't.

3. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Maybe not a national brand but it has been a top offense for the past few years.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Yes it has... it is known as one of the best offenses in the country since Briles....

5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I think you need to re-read the whole sentence.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

6-6 next year

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I can see anywhere from 6-6 to 8-4.

TX ST - W
    LA TECH - W
    @ UCLA - L
    TULANE - W
    @ RICE - W
    UTEP - W
    @ SMU - L
    TULSA - ?
    @ECU - ?
    MEMPHIS - W
    @ UCF - L

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It seems like all of their hires are reaches to some degree. That doesn't mean a "reach" can't be successful. Briles was a reach when he was hired. But I wonder what the odds are of all of them working out. A former ST coach who's never been a HC at any level and had never been considered for a HC position before is the new HC. A DC who'd by all accounts failed in his only other stint as DC for Vanderbilt. An OC with no DI experience and only 2 years of OC experience, one at the I-AA level and one at the DII level.

It was my hope that UH had raised it's profile enough with a top 25 finish, the move to a BCS conference, and having one of the top offenses in football that they wouldn't have to reach for coaches but I guess either UH has a different vision or reality is colder than we'd like to believe.

It should be interesting to see how things play out.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Did Hawaii have a "national brand" offense under June Jones? Nope. You need a lot more than a few pass-happy seasons to achieve that.

Tech achieved it. But they had to upset teams that were actually good teams, create a paradigm shift in a major conference, and Leach had to make friends with guys like Donald Trump, and TV appearances on shows like 20-20.

I like UH, don't get me wrong, but I'm a bit tired of their smokescreen, pee-pee games. Like their faux Tier 1 status...

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My thinking is that our Coogs will eventually get back to the point where we can have a more balanced attack and play with anybody...offensively and defensively. For now, continuity is key as we are headed to the BE, about to move into a new stadium, and Levine is just getting started as HC. Down the road there will have to be a switch as our talent across the board increases and we make some more noise.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You just hired our smokescreen.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I tend to agree...All the talk of consistency, I just don't see it...Again, no real out of conference game except UCLA.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Were you born in the 1990s?

UH is known for innovative offenses from the veer under Bill Yeoman to the run and shoot led by Heisman winner Andre Ware to the spread that put Case Keenum in the NCAA record books.

Cut your Aggie crap.