1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tyson: "I really do want to rape her."

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Free Agent, May 28, 2003.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxing/2003-05-28-tyson-comment_x.htm

Tyson says he would rape victim now

The Associated Press

Mike Tyson hasn't lost his penchant for saying the outrageous. In a television interview scheduled for broadcast Thursday, Tyson again denied he raped Desiree Washington in 1991 in an Indianapolis hotel room. But he said the burden of being labeled a convicted rapist makes him want to do it now.

Before his rape conviction in 1992, Mike Tyson and promoter Don King were on top of the boxing world.

"I just hate her guts. She put me in that state, where I don't know," Tyson said. "I really wish I did now. But now I really do want to rape her."

Tyson made the comments during a recent interview in Miami Beach with Greta Van Susteren, who was taking a look back at the circumstances of Tyson's 1992 trial that ended with him convicted of rape and sentenced to six years in prison.

He served three years of the sentence before being released on parole.

A call for comment to Tyson's adviser, Shelly Finkel, was not immediately returned.

The interview will be shown Thursday night (9 p.m. ET) on "The Pulse" on the Fox network.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Tyson is obviously nuts. Nonetheless, IF the rape conviction was just someone trying to get some money out of him, well, it really did ruin his life.

3. Fatty FatBastard

I've always felt that Desiree Washington was lying her a$$ off.

Reasons being that she swore up and down that she wanted justice, and not money. The juror's said after the trial was over that that statement was the most convincing for conviction.

Less than a month after the conviction, good ol' Desiree sued Tyson for millions. (I've no idea what the civil verdict was.)

You know what? For anyone who thought Desiree was telling the truth after watching that trial? You were on drugs.

Are Tyson's recent words offensive? Absolutely. Can I empathize? Absolutely.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You can empathize with someone who wants to rape someone?

It's threads like these that make me miss DREAMer.

5. Fatty FatBastard

Ok, then. At least I can sympathize with him.

If you read my story about my ex-wife a few years back, you'd understand.

)And I empathize in the fact that I was livid that my ex tried to destroy everything I cared for.)

#5 Fatty FatBastard, May 28, 2003
    Last edited: May 28, 2003
  6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I cant blame him if he really didn't do it in the first place. And I tend to believe Tyson in this matter. Hes served his time, what does he have to gain by lying now?

7. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Tyson wanted to f*#$ one of his opponents, didn't he say something like that? He is one whacked out guy.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Nothing Tyson says anymore surprises me. As long as he stays out of jail, his fights will bring in $$$ from the curiosity factor. I remember how he got soft after the Lewis fight when he had been talkin smack all week. One day he will say he wants to rape someone, the next eat their children, and then show up on Kimmel acting like a normal guy. The Lewis fight proved what I didn't want to believe...Tyson is washed up.

9. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

IF someone claimed that I raped them (when I didn't), and I was successfully prosecuted for it, what I would want to do to them would be a hell of a lot worse than rape.

10. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

I am not saying I agree with him and his ways, as a matter of fact, I think the guy is a f-ing fruit loop, but I used to really love watching him.

That being said, I have little doubt the he DID NOT rape her.

She was on her period and went into his bathroom to remover her sanitary napkin prior to going and sitting down and to "talk" to him in his hotel room in the wee hours of the morning. I think it was a "yes - - yes - - no" )at the last minute) situation.

Regardless, he is a nut job and she is a skank.

11. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

No ****.... This dude is one SICK fu#k who is not ring worthy anymore. His circus act is tired and he cant possibly gain any more publicity than he already has.

What a joke.....

By the way...... Thats Lood-a-cwisss!

12. Fatty FatBastard

Drewdog: Did you read my post? (Both before and after?)

My point was that this hurt his career. And IMO I don't think he raped her.

Losing Cus D'Amato hurt Tyson's career incredibly.
    Having the A-Hole's lynch Tyson up as an O.J. revenge tactic was deplorable.
    I'm not saying that Tyson would be a true gentleman if this hadn't happened, I'm simply saying that I have no idea how I'd feel if I were in jail because of some veangeful b!tch.

(although I do know how it feels being thrown in jail by another veangeful b!tch. But that's just me.)

13. RiceRocket1

RiceRocket1 Member

I knew a girl who went to school with Desiree at the time and they had a class together with a big project. Apparently Desiree told her and the other group members that Tyson didn't rape her. They slept together and then she came up with the rape story after talking with her parents as a way to cash in.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

I don't know anything about the case, but if 12 people saw it the same way, it would seem to me that he was guilty. 12 people don't agree easily.

15. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I've always been 50/50 about it.

Yeah, Tyson comes across as someone who could do it, but how much of his character is an act to draw attention and money? The guy was managed by Don King - you think most of it wasn't some contrickeration?

1. There are lots of gold-diggers out there.
    2. Tyson was almost a perfect target.
    3. When you are that famous, and that rich, do you really think that you would have to rape someone? It's more like you would have to beat them off with a stick.

I think if I had to live the life they do, I would arrange to have everything videotaped. That way there would be no way to get set up - and I could sell it as some sick reality show, too!

16. Timing

Timing Member

I really have no idea whether Tyson did it or not but rape is a power thing a lot of times so it doesn't really matter that he may have had to beat them off with a stick.

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Methinks: WRONG FORUM.

Tyson is an idiot and should hire some handlers/minders to keep his mouth shut tight aroundd the press.

18. Band Geek Mobster

If someone ruined my life for something I didn't do, I'd want to do a lot of terrible things to him/her also...

19. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I personally think that Tyson is brilliant at hyping the things that make him money. Tyson is by no means stupid. He is an expert on boxing's history and technique.
    Boxing is controversial. Tyson knows this. Tyson WAS one of the most dominant, explosive, heavyweight champions ever. That alone used to sell tickets and pay-per-view. Tyson is no longer at the prime of his skills or physical ability, therefore he has to make sure that people will watch the fight. To this end he says controversial things, behaves erradically, seems completely insane. I'm sure Mike has a fight coming up and he needs the press to help him sell tickets, so out come the crazy statements.
    For those of you who listened to what Tyson said immediately after the Lennox Lewis fight, you heard the real Tyson. Tyson said things to the effect of "I love this man (Lewis). I have known him since he was 17, I know his mother, I respect his family, he is a great champion." You saw Tyson with his baby, very gentle, very loving. That is the real Mike Tyson. Seriously, if you saw that Tyson BEFORE that fight, would you still think that Tyson could have a chance? That he could literally tear Lewis's head off? No. That stuff doesn't sell tickets to the gladiator show.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Mulder,

I totally agree that Tyson is a lot smarter than people think and he is always trying to get publicity. Its amazing how many people fall for it and then turn around and say the guy is crazy. Crazy like a Fox I would say.