1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Typical fans over reacting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Nov 15, 2015.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

We have injuries to overcome (to start the season). Thornton and Lawson are being implemented into the offense. And yet typical fans are smashing down on Harden and the coach after a 4-6 start like we will miss the playoffs completely and need to rebuild.

I think most of these fairweather fans stay back waiting for them to lose a few games before posting the "I told you so" line.

Seriously, give this team some time. Miami started 9-8 the first year LeBron was there. It happens. This Rockets team can easily run off 5 straight and be 9-6 like that (60%).

The more they lose now at the beginning, the more they will make the adjustments to be better (or be in position to acquire a trade piece in Feb). I'm not worried over 4-6. Contact me when they are 10-18 or 20-35.

2. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Its not about the fact that we are losing, its how we are losing.

Seriously, was Miami losing to scrub teams like we are? Were their shooting percentages this bad? Was Miami being blown out by 20+ points game after game? These are real questions because I don't remember lol
    :grin:

At least Miami was still putting in effort...

3. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

This. Did OP watched the games? Bunch of them just standing there ball watching and playing isolation basketball. It is actually pretty sad.

4. chandlerbang21

Comparing this team to lebrons heat is a total fail. No one on this team is at his level

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There are no signs of improvement in any aspect game by game, and the team is not even saying the right thing.

No boxing out, matador defense on the perimeter, no offensive movement, 23 second ISO plays, bricks after bricks, getting beat back to the defensive end, letting scrubs have career highs on multiple nights, being beaten by non playoff teams also missing starters, poor body language/moping, lazy turnovers, guys not getting involved in the offense.

That's just off the top of my head. It certainly isn't pretty!

1 person likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

OP been smoking to many jays

7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

OP is right, we should extend mchale again.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

OP is not a delusional homer. Continuation from the sarcasm thread

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

It seems like we have gotten worse the last few games. That's the concern for me. We should be improving, but we are getting worse. Having said that, I know all teams have good stretches and bad stretches during the season.

It's weird that so many of our players are having bad games at the same time. But, much of that has to do with Harden. Harden does so much for this team, that when he has a bad game, it causes problems for other players also. If Harden can get his act together, then I think we will be fine. At least I hope so.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So many people compare James Harden's team with Lebron James'... Even Harden himself.

LOLOLOLOLLL...How can you underrate Lebron James so much...

11. malakas

malakas Member

Typical thread by someone who is only boxscore watching and not seeing the on court abomination.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed with OP , as a fan it's easy to get caught up and not remember that there is still the great majority of the season left to play . Sure , things need to hanged for us to achieve our potential ... The good thing is that there is time for that . I don't junk anyone is satisfied with how things have gone so far from the fans all the way to the front office . I trust the organization to make the right calls and decisions in order to get us rolling . Luck plays a part too , both with injuries and on the floor events . We haven't had a lot of breaks go our way . Hopefully it evens out a bit .

13. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Normally I'd agree - but Miami Heat 2010 had to integrate Chris Bosh and LeBron James into their team.
    In contrast, we have the majority of our starters from a team that made the WCF and are only integrating Ty Lawson straight out of re-hab.
    I'd accept the argument if we were currently integrating Bosh and Lebron.

14. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the rockets giving up wide open jumpers and layups is overreacting? Watching Harden consistently let horrible guards like felt blow right by him is overreacting? It's abiut the way the are losing and complete lack of defense that is upsetting to the fans. If they lose trying that's one thing but losing like this is unacceptable.

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Harden has put up LeBron like stats before.... he does have the talent when he is locked in to be a perenial mvp award winner... but its starts with coaching

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry but this is all I have to say.

Shut the heck up.

I can't believe some people are so willfully ignorant. We could be on a 4 game win streak and I could tell you that our post season run would be a disaster based on Harden's not give a crap attitude and Mchale losing the player's respect.

Those 2 things ARE HUGE.

1 person likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden is playing complacently and the team chemistry is completely out of whack. That's the bottom line.

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

If the Mavs, starting Zaza and having Parsons/Matthews playing fairly poorly after major surgery, can have a better record than the Rockets ...

No ... we're not overreacting.

Carlisle has gotten more out of a 37 year old Dirk on both ends than Harden, and chubby Felton than Speedy Lawson ...

19. archinkent

archinkent Member

Nah. All my time in GARM I know overreactions are common here, but this time we actually suck.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If we had a tough schedule I'd be right there with you. But we have had a cupcake schedule. Our hardest games being against the Warriors, Clippers, Thunders. The rest of these teams excluding the Miami Heat are scrub teams we are losing to.