1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two things that were great to see last night [Game Presentation] + One thought

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanskan, Oct 30, 2008.

1. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

#1 After the "42 years of tradition" video I LOVE the fact they rock the NBA on NBC music during the one minute countdown to tip!!!

#2 Coming out to Biggie Hypnotize beat was badass!!!

OK, how to get folks in their seats early?

1/2 price drinks (including soda/water for the lil ones) till tip, I would go in early if they could compete with bars

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i hate when people wont even let you stand up for the first possession, we have some of the most backward fans in the nba :mad:

but i liked the nba on nbc joint, that was tight

3. faraza84

faraza84 Member

whats the song they play at the end of the game when its close, its like an old school song it reminds me of the glory days when we won 2 in a row i like that music it really pumps me up

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

somebody told me some numbnut shot the finger on the jumbotron, is this true?

was told it was Rock and Roll Part 2 (The Hey Song) by Gary Glitter.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XgnMzS0OpI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XgnMzS0OpI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

pretty sure it was 'U got to know' by Cappella

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWXGvvLSPWU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWXGvvLSPWU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. texanskan

yeah thats it

7. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Thank you kind sir i should have asked this on the boards long ago

8. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Yes he did, he did it on the kiss cam, Either that wasn't his chick or he is a grumpy mother*******. Even if it wasn't don't think he should have done it.

I wonder if he could have been kicked out for that? :confused: Can he?

9. faraza84

faraza84 Member

possibly remember the announcer was saying all the rules to reiterate good behavior at the toyota center like no throwing and running to the court and some other stuff i think he said it during a timeout after the guy gave the finger. that would have been funny if they did it with 2 guys on the cam but disturbing as well im sure they only do that at lakers games haha

10. Precision340

Precision340 Member

talk about being a classless jerk.. does he know how many kids attending the game that saw that?! :mad:

11. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

OMG yes...they should go back to that song for the intros...brings back memories from Dream

Also that a$$ that fingered the camera got booed like the MFer he is...at least they ended it with someone proposing

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The Kiss Cam is dumb. I would have mooned the camera.

13. iGeDMoNeyHoE

iGeDMoNeyHoE Member

i hate to come with negativity =/ but the first rows looked empty around the middle of the 4th qt. i myself would "kill" lol to have been there on opening night. the presentation overall was poppin'

14. bewy

bewy Member

Hey i don't like how you diss new york in ur sig tho i think houston's a nice town. Still, NY>houston still, just like how yankees/mets>astros ;)

15. texanskan

I was living there this summer The H>>>>>>>NYC

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

i couldnt believe ppl were getting up and leaving with like a minute and half left in the game and we were only up like 3....i guess beating the traffic early is more important to them then the outcome of the game.

the dude who flipped off the camera was so cool...too cool for the kiss cam and too cool go have fun at the game i bet...

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

A minute and a half? Make that 5 and a half minutes, right after the under 6 timeout. Up 15, 20 points, I might understand leaving early (but not on opening night) but a game that's going back and forth like it was? Who the hell are these people and why do they even show up to the game if they don't care to watch the final minutes of a close game?

Yeah, I realize it's their prerogative to leave when they want, but it's also my prerogative to give them sh** for it.

18. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

wow, I didn't realize ppl were leaving that early...the problem with Houston is there are many corporations and large businesses here. Of course these companies want to entertain their clients by taking them to games, but these typically are not die hard fans...

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I wonder how many kids saw the pole-dancing devils outfits the power dancers were wearing.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I wanted to leave that early too. Regardless of the outcome, the game was ridiculously ugly, and the Rockets had already failed their goal, not of winning, but of getting their offense on track. Those Rockets out there probably couldn't have put up 100 on an empty court.