1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] Rockets players asking management to keep Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mooch, Apr 14, 2011.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Honestly management has a terrible way of treating their coaches. Starting with Rudy. Sure he was sick, but they basically fired him. JVG, sure he said go ahead and interview, but they were the ones that werent interested in him anymore. what was he supposed to say!?

Now Rick, who is constantly having new players and given garbage players like THabeet and he's supposed to play them? Yea so that they can give us a worse record and eventaully get fired anyway.

I love morey but it looks like he and rick are not working favorably.

Pick one to go... who do you choose Rick or Daryl???

2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I hope Adelman gets re-signed, but this is easily Morey.

A good GM is (far) more important than a good coach and I'd argue finding another good GM would be harder than another good coach.

3. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Yeah but those years they also played a slow it down grind it offense with JVG too...

So as much credit as he got for instilling defense his offensive tendancies led to a slower game which is misleading on the PPG aspect.

That being said yes I would say 1st RA year was a result of what JVG instilled. But carryover only lasts 1 season at most. The change in PPGA has to do definitely with Yao manning the middle more than JVG instilling a defensive mindset. But also has to do with personnel. Rafer was a better defensive PG than AB or KLow were in the beginning.

4. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

LMAO!!!!!!

5. akiracy

akiracy Member

Did you conveniently leave out Mutombo?