1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Twitter] Rockets players asking management to keep Adelman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mooch, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Mooch

Mooch Member

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    Courtney Lee said players are one by one asking Rockets management in exit interviews to keep Rick Adelman. #hounews

I hope this works!

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

T-Will gets a phone call from Courtney Lee:

You want me to say WHAT!?

[​IMG]

23 people like this.
  3. Houston_Rockets

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Hilarious, durvasa :)

I don't know what the Rockets are supposed to say when asked that question. Don't see why they wouldn't want back a coach who preaches offense, either.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's hope the org listens, Rick got them to play hard in dire circumstances, that is not an easy thing for a coach to do.

And Durvasa, that was Hilarious..

DD

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

has the front office put out some sort of media blackout on t-will?

i realize he's played like crap in limited minutes and all, but it's odd not to hear a peep from/about a lottery pick player you just gave up a 1st rounder for :confused:

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

All I care is if Morey asks to keep Adelman.

If we had a Franchise player THEN I'd care what he thinks.

Role players don't run ****!

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to durvasa again.

Fan-frelling-tastic!

I'm not surprised that they all want him back. His offense makes everyone look good. Now if we can just improve the defense a bit!

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Nice! I had just tweeted back at Feigen a few minutes before reading your post, asking him if Terrence Williams was included in that group of players!!!

Great minds think alike. Or in our case, OUR minds think alike. ;)

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey no happy. He wanna moneyball coach instead of Coach Fuhrer.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I would like Rick back but I think getting an interior defensive presence is the first big thing on Morey's plate having that will be the key for the team going forward. I love Chuck but we cant expect to win big with him starting at center for 75+ games during the season. And we cant have the only 6'11+ guys we have be soft (miller) or knuckleheads (hill)

and I am not even counting Thabeet of course

But I still think that as much as the players want Rick back I dont think Rick wants to be back mainly because he probably wants to coach superstars/team that can win it all since thats the only thing missing from his coaching resume and right now the Rockets are not in a position to have either 1) a superstar or 2) a contending team

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's going to be a pretty crushing blow to morale if the entire roster petitions for him to stay and he's fired anyway. Of course, half the team might get traded anyway.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Exactly. It's been fun watching these guys but it's time to get our star or start over.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

too damn funny durvasa. I have a feeling that TWill will be on another roster before the start of next season, regardless of who the coach is. Unless he can play the 3 spot, there's really no space for him; and I think we have to keep Lee, Lowry, Martin, and Dragic together because that's a contending backcourt.

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We can win with Hayes. We cannot win running Hill/Miller/Thabeet out there behind him. We've got to get an upgrade to our 3 primary rotation bigs. That means one of the three PFs (Hayes, Scola, Patterson) has to go in favor of a true center.

Adelman is a great coach.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Rep for durvasa!

We'll see how this plays out. I doubt Les Alexander changes his mind.

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Is that why Adelman had a top 10 defense every year in Portland and Sacramento?

If he didn't care about D he would not be starting Hayes or Lowry over Brooks.

18. wgray

wgray Member

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think Clutch implied that Adelman didn't care about defense. It's just that players tend to like a coach that makes them look good on offense. But I don't think you can just look at it so simply. JVG definitely doesn't make his players look good on offense but players still like him.

Like I said in another thread, I think the chemistry between coach and players is underrated. If we do change the coach, Morey will probably have to retool the roster yet again because this group of players fit Adelman's coaching style like a glove.

20. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I wouldn't blame Rick if that's what he wanted, but has he even slightly hinted that he doesn't want to stick around next year? If that's his attitude, he's doing a great job hiding it, even with the season already in the books.

Still think it's the front office LES shoving him out of the door.