1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Twitter} Amare to Knicks is done deal

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikeyharris, Jul 5, 2010.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Next to all of those stats you could add a 29 win season to all those players stats. Then subtract some players from that 29 win team in order to clear cap space to sign Amare and what do you have? A 29 win team with less role players than before and insert Amare instead of Lee.

2. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Scroll up and read the whole conversation...... The question is are they "good" players, and the answer is YES. Al Harrington especially. Not too concerned with defense, because no Mike Da'ntoni team plays defense. The Knicks also didnt want Jared Jeffries, and he actually played pretty damn good for us (once he left New York).

You wouldnt take any of the 3 on the Rockets? :confused:

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Are you serious? Lee is nowhere NEAR the player Amare is. Your comparing a role player to arguably the best PF in the NBA. I dont see David Lee torching Tim Duncan in a playoff series. The Knicks have definatley upgraded they're team. Will it be enough to make them a playoff team, probably not

4. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

which is why Lebron won't want to share the limelight with Amare. Especially because has to know that Amare will take credit for bringing him to NY if he signs there now. thanks for making my point.

5. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

You think Lebron would be that petty?

Ur opinion about Amare being a "spotlight" hog is purely based from the media. At the end of the day, most of the elite NBA players in today's game crave the spotlight. I dont think that will be the deciding factor on where a player goes, especially if the other superstar can help them win a title

6. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Hold up......... Amare best PF?? lol.. hell no.

7. Simon Honeybone

The Knicks should try to get LeBron if he spurns them which is likely then they should probably look to sign David Lee and trade him to either the Spurs for Tony Parker or to the Warriors for Monta Ellis then hang on to the remaining cap space for next years FA market.

That would also work out for the Rockets because they will still be a mediocre at best team next year so they would get a top 10 pick which we would then swap with them. They can sign Carmelo next year which will ensure the pick is not top 5 protected and we will steal it outright.

8. Simon Honeybone

But I am hearing that if the Rockets do the S&T for Chris Bosh that it will help the Knicks land LeBron.

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Gallinari? Heck yes, but he wouldn't start on this team.
    Chandler? Probably not. We have enough wings already.
    Harrington? LOL NO. You can say, D'Antoni teaches defense, but he's not good on offense either. He scores points because he's a black hole and is not efficient. Quit looking at the box score.

Um, no. Especially given that his playing outside offense has much to be desired. Bosh is somewhat better, and Gasol is unquestionably better. Period.

10. Jebus

I absolutely think Lebron would consider it. His choices:

1. Savior of his hometown team
    2. Build your own legend with the Nets, Brooklyn, Jay-Z and the russian billionaire
    3. Step up and take the franchise Jordan built back to the promised land
    4. Follow Amare "the pioneer" to New York, making it look like Amare told you where to go. And by the way, the knicks supporting cast SUCKS.

You really think Lebron wants people saying he decided he needed to follow Amare to new york for his best chance at a title?

Of course they all crave the spotlight. THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T WANT TO BE SEEN AS FOLLOWING SOMEONE ELSE.

and which is it? They're all spotlight hogs or they all don't mind sharing the spotlight?

You really think Amare isn't a spotlight hog? I mean, listen to the guy:

"a pioneer"? you must be kidding me. This guy really thinks everyone else was afraid and he was the only one brave enough to sign first? He signed his first and only offer!

Just try and tell me this guy isn't going to take credit for it if Lebron signs with the Knicks. He's basically saying he will.

11. Jebus

how, exactly?

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think Dirk is better than Bosh. Gasol is debatable, but I think Dirk's range takes the chocolate cake.

I guess in conclusion, you're right, Amare isn't the best PF. He's up there, but not the best.

13. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

John Legend tweeted to Amare "Welcome to New York"

The best we can do for Bosh is "Gallery Furniture will save you money!" :(

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Beyonce could send him a greeting.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

False. we have this.

[​IMG]

"Cometohoustonorwegonnacutyou and that's a fact jack! OOOOoooohh!!"

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

120 milion dollars goes a long way these days still. Even in a tight economy.

17. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Makes sense that Amare aka Black Jesus (according to his tatoo) would wanna go to a town full of jews just so he can get crucified every night for losing. Good call buddy.

[​IMG]

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another system where Amare can get away with playing half assed defense...

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has been playing the 5 nearly his entire career...

In fact, the opposing 5 will probably foul out...

20. da_juice

da_juice Member