1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by itzIce, Feb 20, 2020.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If this shows ends up with any half as deep as that I will be extremely impressed.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No it didn't end like that at all.

slightly disappointing.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Directing is terrible on this show. Show runners aren't half as smart as they think they are. Maybe slightly better than 2nd season, but overall bad.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So Jessie Pinkman was Ed Norton with Delores as Brad Pitt and Fight Clubbed his way to Taking Down The Man?

That pre-credits end scene....

Was a very interesting ride but this season was too much of a head fake for next season.

Also didn't get how she got Solomon's code in her last memory and how that gave her access to the newer Rehoboam, but that's not the point...

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

For all those that are left confused or needing questions answered, Alt Shift X on youtube does a superb job explaining each episode

6. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm interested in whatever this ideal utopian world is that hosts created looks like. That could be interesting. Bernard is headed there. But other than that the ending was fruitless and there were far too many storm trooper moments. The characters didn't make smooth transitions. Maeve just flips. Maeve should never have been pitted against Delores if she would just flip at the end. Man in Black has flipped. But what is the motivation for change. Delores is dead. Man in Black is dead. Two best parts outside of Ford. We have an apocalypse people. They can go in any direction from here so no predictions other than the imprisoned outliers/intellectuals will be freed. This feels a lot like planet of the Apes.

#66 PhiSlammaJamma, May 12, 2020
    Last edited: May 12, 2020
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I really wanted Ford to be the mastermind playing 3D chess. Questions like why he baked the Wyatt persona into Delores, what the real Center of the Maze, or how much he knew about the big AI ball ruling the world could all have been potentially good payoffs, especially for that needlessly confusing second season.

Instead, the endgame seems to be rats jumping off sinking ships and who comes out on top. It's real easy and tempting to hit audiences in the head with that right now....
    Hope it's not like the BSG remake that talked up a big game about serving up a 5 course meal and ended up delivering happy meal.

I guess with reboots, no one is "really" dead. The whole predestinty vs free will theme should be laid to rest for good. More Black Mirror-esque insights pls.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I finally finished the 3rd season. Still too confusing for me but I love the production and visuals. Love seeing their interpretation on future Earth. The art team is what is carrying this showed at least for me.

arkoe and Invisible Fan like this.