1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Westworld Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by itzIce, Feb 20, 2020.

1. itzIce

itzIce Member

Season 3 premieres March 15.

B-Bob, tmoney1101 and FrontRunner like this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So the series premiered in 2016, it is now 2020 and we are only just getting a 3rd season? Lame.

With the amount of time the creators have to make the show, you'd think the quality of it would be so much better.

S1 was good, S2 was not so good. Hope S3 can save this series cause i know HBO thought it was going to be the next GOT.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This show has been away long enough that I forgot about it. So glad it's back!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Beezy

Beezy Member

Looks better than season 2.

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah yes .. season 3 looks dope.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The new character is going to use magnets in some way to win the battle. just a hunch

B-Bob likes this.
  7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Looking forward to it, I actually enjoyed season two...

8. PhiSlammaJamma

It's showtime. I do hope they get back to their roots a bit. Season 2 got a little outside of the lines. Reel it back in and we'll have something fun to watch this year. Ambitious first season. Style. Story. mystery. Great Acting. Second season had similar elements, but got frustratingly whacky. It's a show on the cusp of something brilliant, but can never quite get over the top.

#8 PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

that was good, I never finished season 2 (read a recap), but I'm back on board for this
    [*]so Dolores has 5 host marbles that she can put into other bodies. Bernard is one but I don't think we know who the other marbles are. She has one inside a body that looks like Tessa Thompson, and one inside the scottish security guy.
    [*]what was going on with Bernard switching to someone else?

#9 Commodore, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I was pretty impressed with the premiere, does work as a minor reboot and I'm down for the new setting.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I like the ideas. They are fun even if they will never answer their own questions, like how do you win against the human machine that knows the hosts/humans every move and snuffs it out. Lot's of fun, but sometimes I watch the episode reviews on the tube and wonder why all of that was not clear to me when I watched it. It's like I need the internet in order to understand WTF is really happening. That's not a bad thing, it's just different. However, I think it's preventing the casual viewer from really enjoying the show. I do worry though if they start going with the idea that their is a Westworld inside of a Westworld, or a Simulation inside of a simulation, that's a bad story trap for the fans. It's like Earth 1 and Earth 2 in Flash, it will be very confusing and almost feel too convenient at times. So they will need to walk a fine line. The Matrix could have done that but decided not too, and they screwed up their ending anyway. Inception got away with it. A timeline within a timeline was genius ( had anyone ever done that before? ) and it sorted itself out naturally we think, but a sim within a sim will never do that. So I guess we just gotta see where they go with all of it and hope it works.

#11 PhiSlammaJamma, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Space Ghost, Invisible Fan and arkoe like this.
  12. PhiSlammaJamma

interesting that the machine programmer thinks he is in the middle of a war, but really, the war has not started between Delores and humans yet. The revolution is not in the middle...just kind of kickstarting. So something is up there.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

why are there no threads for the last seasons of BCS s05 or Homeland s08. seasons started after the super bowl.

I guess no one actually watches once-a-week shows anymore, until they can binge at the end on a free 30-day trial.

Cfnet broke af

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Or, some of us stopped giving AF about "Homeland" long ago.

arkoe and FrontRunner like this.
  15. heypartner

westworld sucked balls last season :)

bcs off the charts good

cfnet broke AF

#15 heypartner, Mar 23, 2020
  16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Season 6-7 were actually pretty good. I too had given up on the show after one of the crappier seasons. But its worth catching up on now that everyone has plenty of time ;(

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hmn. I guess I lost track once we got rid of Showtime.

GoT also put me in a "this-series-better-be-worth-it" mode after a let-down final season.

I'm trying to read when we can't go anywhere, but with my chatterbox wife, it's not so simple. I can't finish a paragraph without an interruption. TV is no different: Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. (sigh) Pause.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I fell off Homeland the season one season after
    the Red Head guy died.
    I can't believe Homeland is still on the air and in it's 8th season!

arkoe likes this.
  19. heypartner

so, no one wants a Better Call Saul thread

or is everyone broke af and waiting for it to end, to binge on a free month trial?

#19 heypartner, Mar 23, 2020
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Better call Saul, better call Kim.