1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TV - Timeless

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Jan 31, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Anyone else watching this show? So far, it is pretty good.

DD

2. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I watch it but I usually don't get to see it until Tuesday or Wednesday. It started off slow but picked it up after the first few episodes. I enjoy the historical aspect, mainly because I like to look up the people they reference and get a more factual account of their lives than the show portrays. They actually do a pretty good job with the major aspects of the history, and I understand the have to make it interesting for TV reasoning behind the changes they do make.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For those that have watched both, how does it compare to 12 Monkeys?

I watched the premiere of Timeless and thought it was a low quality copycat. Did it improve?

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Haven't seen 12 Monkeys. My thoughts on 12 Monkeys is that it would take a lot of brain power to get invested.

Timeless, on the other hand, is more classically "campy" - it doesn't take much thought. Or shouldn't... if you're thinking too much about it, the time paradoxes, etc. you are taking away from the nice, light watch that it is. Sort of early days Grimm like in that way. It follows a classic 'story of the week" approach, which weaves in the bigger back story. The actors are, for the most part, enjoyable. The production value, for the most part, is fine..

I like it and will keep watching. That said, we try to keep one show like this in our rotation, and every year give the new show like this a shot, and inevitably ever year that show is cancelled after season one. Last year that show was Limitless - clearly not the world's best show or anything but basically checked all the boxes in the same way that Timeless does. If you're not looking to add such a show to your rotation, Timeless won't be worth it.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like the way they don't turn away from some of the issues with time travel
    esp concerning minorities.

Showing the inspiration for the Lone Ranger was great too.

Rocket River

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've been watching this show for the past few months and have watched all the episodes except for the last 3 or 4 which I have DVR'ed. I usually don't watch prime time tv, but this show is pretty good. The only thing I don't like is the episodes seem to need more than 1 hour... at times they seem rushed and don't go into much details.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Love the actress between her hilarious guest spot on HIMYM and her arc on Mad Men, and glad to see Visnjic working again, but I don't think I have the stamina to keep up with that broader conspiracy and the individual episode plots.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought this was cancelled but it looks like it is back

Rocket River