1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV)The Black Donnellys

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Jan 16, 2007.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

So I have been pimping this show ever since I saw the pilot. Netflix is offering the pilot on DVD as a supplement to the Heroes first season.

It is created by Paul Haggis and Bobby Moresco, the co-creators of Crash and Million Dollar Baby... its like Sopranos, but with the Irish and on network TV...

The Black Donnellys on Netflix

it also leaked onto Youtube last week, but it appears to have been taken down.

It will premiere in March after Heroes, taking "Studio 60"s time slot

Black Donnellys on IMDB

NBC First Look

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Well, the title of the show sure is misleading...I don't see one black person...

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It would have been nice seeing a black, Irish family acting like the Sopranos.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wyatt "Tense Up" Donnelly - who knows the reference?

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

When your kitchen is blue and you have a brother like Chet, who wouldn't be.

6. across110thstreet

so I'm the only one who has heard of this show?

it got writeups in this week's Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, and Men's Vogue...

7. A-Train

Perhaps if the stories were in magazines that grown men actually read, it would get more interest. Rolling Stone is a glorified teenie bop magazine, Entertainment Weekly is a chick gossip rag, and.....Men's Vogue?? Seriously??

8. across110thstreet

hey I'm excited for this new show, I'm not going to hide my agenda... one of my best pals is playing a lead character...

its just weird that a new series is coming out on a major network and no one has even heard of it...

I'll try to post more when they get press in magazines that grown men actually read...

9. A-Train

C'mon...Men's Vogue?? That sounds like something that Richard Jefferson has on his coffee table at one of his fondue parties.

Besides, midseason replacements usually don't get that much press to begin with. There isn't exactly a lot of time for the networks to promote them.

10. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

1. The show has even AIRED yet.

2. I don't have the time to read Variety or care enough about TV to keep track of every new show that comes around. Blame NBC for not promoting it enough.

3. Good luck to your friend!

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sweet tiny baby Jesus. Men's Vogue?!?! :eek:

12. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Saw the pilot, thought it was solid, great ending to the episode.

What role does your friend have?

13. cson

cson Contributing Member

I'll give the pilot a shot, but i ain't readin' Man Vogue.

14. across110thstreet

disclaimer- I never picked up a copy of Man Vogue in my life...

My friend plays Joey Ice Cream, the narrator of the show. His testimony is the exposition for the entire story... the actor spent his childhood in the Houston area...

what makes it interesting is that he is a pathological liar, so the audience doesnt know what is truth and what is fiction...

the show was once titled "the Truth according to Joey Ice Cream" until they switched to TBD.

I have read the scripts for Season One and things are going to get very violent very fast... I'm surprised it's on network TV

and yes, NBC sucks at promoting