1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This thread needs more Candice Patton (All suitable for work unfortunately)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#502 Obito, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    DreamShook and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I guess no one went out to the George Brown last weekend to see her.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

She was in Houston for ComicPalooza this weekend

Rocket River

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"We can Hack Argus's security but cannot turn off the part that makes Flash's powers not work there nor make a work around for it . . . " - Team Flash

More and More each episode you have to turn your brain off for this show
    Heck . . .all of TEAM FLASH should have been seeking solutions and not telling Barry about it until it was over
    WORKING WITH BARRY WAS THE PROBLEM all along

Rocket River

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It's definitely the most emo'y of the Arrowverse shows as well as ripe with continuity errors but its still entertaining. Unexpectedly Legends became my favorite Arrowverse show this season. Their ensemble cast is just way better than Arrow/Flash.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And if the technology existed to make Flash's powers not work, why wouldn't they just steal that technology and set it up around the park that they knew Savitar was going to.....I mean why try to build a "speed bazooka" at all? Without his powers Savatar would be easy as hell to trap.

I like the series and all, but the writing is absolutely ridiculous more often than not.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You have someone that can run and react around the speed of light
    or we will say very fast
    How the hell do you expect to hit them with a speed bazooka
    I am always amazed when ANYONE hits the flash

Rocket River

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I suppose if it caused an effect to a large area it wouldn't be so bad, but yeah, you aren't getting pinpoint accuracy.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is why I always thought Captain Cold was a strange villain, and essentially, the Joker to Flash's Batman. Science dictates that you can slow molecules by decreasing the temperature, sure, but you actually have to create an area-of-effect cold, to do so. If CC can't see in super-speed, how is he able to hit the flash? And if he ices the floor, that's smart, but then Cisco can just invent ice-proof shoes for the Flash.

The first half of season 2 was terrible because they were trying to shoehorn in the Legends of Tomorrow. Season 3 was terrible because of all the angst and the lazy writing.

Hopefully season 4's main villain isn't yet another speedster. It's like the show only has the budget to make lightning, so all they can do is speedster stuff.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it's not just that really, it's hard writing for the Flash no matter what because he's so ridiculously OP. There's not really any viable villains for him to fight other than evil speedsters that he wouldn't be able to kill almost instantly if he wanted to that aren't such crazy power level villains that couldn't just destroy the world.

The issue is trying to have a street level show with essentially all powerful superheros.

12. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I think it's been confirmed that season 4's main villain won't be another speedster.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

The first season did a pretty good job in the villain-of-the-week format; you had the poisonous mist guy, the guy that could turn to steel and weather wizard. So I don't think it's necessarily the fact that Flash is OP - it's that the writers are just getting lazy.

iirc, the Flash's Rogues Gallery is pretty extensive. Grodd with the mind control, aforementioned Capt. Cold and Heatwave, Mirror Master, and so many more villains. I just don't know why we keep seeing speedsters, unless it's just simply that the TV budget isn't enough.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The did not really do a great job with Grodd.
    It was ok but still his plans were not overly complicated.
    I guess I wanted more mind control

Rocket River

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is time for Ezra Miller. [​IMG]

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

From the trailers, it looks like Ezra Miller is trying to be a socially awkward Barry Allen. (a la Sheldon Cooper from TBBT)

Which is strange.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

That looks like a scarlett cat-woman suit.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I was totally entertained in the last episode. It was a major step up in direction, production, and camera work. I was interested in seeing the outcomes. Thought all of the actors hit their notes...including Captain Cold, Future Barry, and the new blonde. Enjoyed. This was a major step forward.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#519 daywalker02, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The story suffered though. They did not do enough to make you feel anything about H R
    Right on Que a speedster is killed by a shot in the back
    The 'Remnent' was so illogical and stupid . .. I mean . . YEA!! RELY ON THE PEOPLE YOU THREATENING TO MAKE THE DEVICE YOU NEED!!!
    Really?

and the end looks like another RESET

Rocket River