1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Project Greenlight (HBO)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cardpire, Oct 24, 2015.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

Anybody been watching this?

"Effy" may literally be the world's most condescending person. No hyperbole. A psychiatrist would have a field day with this woman.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It could not include the condescending arrogant privileged 'director' who ain't done **** before . . . .. yet is whining and constantly backstabbing and going around running to folx crying to get his way because he doesn't think the rules apply to him . . . ..

Rocket River
    Team Effie

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I remember watching this show like a decade ago. Didn't realize it was still running.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

I thought that at first too, but over the course of the show, it has felt like they have exaggerated his complaints to add drama. I'm sure they also hired her to add to the show's drama, but she seems like pure evil regardless.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

They just brought it back and put it on HBO this year, after a decade.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

At the start of the show, I was anti-Jason. After this last episode, I'm anti-Effie.

I'm all for diversity and hiring minorities if they're qualified and/or the best people for the job. But I'm not for hiring minorities just because they're minorities. And that seems to be Effie's primary motivation. I'm sure the people she hired were qualified, but she hired some of them just because diversity was a priority for her and not necessarily because they were the best people she could get.

She needs to work on her communication. If she didn't want a black guy cast in a servant role then she should've communicated that to the casting director. Apparently she never did that and had to throw a hissy fit after the part had been cast. And apparently cost a black guy a role in the process (they may have switched roles, but I'm not sure what you could switch him to and still not have him stand out, we'll see in the film).

And though she denied it later, she did tell Jason that she'd found a path to doing the stunt the way he envisioned. I don't know if it was her intent, but I totally understand Jason feeling blindsided because from what we were shown, he was never told the flip was out. If she indicated to him that they could do the stunt as he envisioned it (and she did), he would naturally think the flip was still in. And then he only learns about it being out when it's too late to do anything about it.

That said, this is still a "reality" show, which means some if it is scripted. I've read where the house hunt was basically fake. That there are records that show that the house was rented in early February and they started shooting in early March. So the "getting the house 3 days before shooting" thing doesn't make a lot of sense. Knowing that, I can't help but wonder if some of the more controversial stuff on the show (digital vs. film, Effie vs. Farrelly, Effie on casting, the stunt miscommunication) is scripted too.