1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] House M.D

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketFan007, Apr 19, 2005.

Tags:
  1. C-Mo

C-Mo Member

I really enjoyed this show. As many have pointed out, the show has fallen off some over the years but it still provided some entertaining moments. The time House ran his car into Cuddy's home in the end of season 7 stands out. All in all, I think the show has run its course and it was time to bring it to an end. Doesnt mean I wont miss it though.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i've continued to enjoy it even if it has fallen off. Other shows have fallen off my DVR or get ignored even if I record them. This isn't one

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I would definitely say check out the last 4 plus next weeks finale.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i'm guessing no way this is going to end as badly as they are setting it up to end.

would be awesome if it ended really badly, though. i was thinking House and his buddy pull a Thelma and Louise...driving off a cliff with some appropriate tune blaring. The end. Or, maybe they take a black screen approach like The Sopranos.

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I stopped watching when he returned from rehab. Then I tried to get back into it and the new cast was annoying as hell. Especially that asian chick. Weiiiiirdooooooo.

It was so good with the original cast. The second wasn't bad, I liked Taulb (sp?) and 13

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Loved the ending. Didn't see it coming at all.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I honestly thought it was a unique enough premise in a popular enough genre that it could have lasted for another five years or so with some more structured casting adjustments, like ER. I think Foreman and Taub could have complemented a new "House" and they really could have expanded Cuddy's role to focus on the strain of hospital administration like that one terrific episode; even given her boyfriend a full-time role and focused on his job as a P.I.

8. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I love(d) this show, pretty sure I've seen every episode.

What are the chances we see a Chase M.D. spinoff?

9. FFz

FFz Member

I don't think the chance of Chase M.D. spinoff is possible. Not nearly as interesting as house.

I loved that last episode. Great case and great storyline too. Mondays will feel so empty without house now.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

So how did the fire start? Who is the dead guy? How did House switch the dental records? Did he get the dental records of the corpse before the coroner got to them? I was drunk while watching so maybe this stuff was explained and I missed it.

#50 tallanvor, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Saw every episode of this show for 8 years. Loved it. Loved the ending also. Definitely going to miss it. I'm glad they brought back the main characters from most of the seasons for the finale, I was hoping for that. House was just so unique with everything that it brought.

All of those questions are irrelevant. Don't mean anything to the bigger scope of it all. Some of it you did miss, and some if it just wasn't answered directly because it was irrelevant.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I had a feeling that what happened near the end didn't actually happen...with only one victim found. But, the very end was pretty cool...albeit it has now become a cliche that an extreme life event warrants getting on the bike and heading out. It didn't used to be but now it's what people do and an extreme life event isn't required. I wouldn't have ended it any other way. I guess saving Wilson from cancer would have been a bit much.

But, 2004-2012...show didn't even make it 10 seasons. I just don't understand why they had to end the show now. Now, it will be replaced with some crappy reality show or worse. All the good shows have left TV and the replacement shows are crap. They don't even keep shows based on high ratings any more. TV is so messed up these days. Go find a new singing crap show or reality crap show. There seems to be endless room for these shows.

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Outside of comedies, the Big 3 networks don't have much else. This is a pretty great time for TV though...if you start looking at cable/sat channels.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

used to like this show a lot but stopped watching because i started rooting for house to fail because his character is just a totally unejoyable and unwatachable douche. i think the writers tried too hard to make him "complex". i wouldnt even take the time to fart around someone like him in real life so no need to waste an hour watching his douchey skills

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think it was just time to end it. A show runs its course eventually.