1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Fargo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 11, 2014.

1. AkeemTheDreem86

This. The quirkiness of the northwestern people and setting is it's own character in the Fargo movie/series. The UFO stuff plays right in.

2. AkeemTheDreem86

One of the many great comedic aspects of the show. How the hell are they still alive?!

Is there a confirmed season 3? I sure hope so, Fargo is up there with The Knick as best show on TV.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Season 3 is confirmed. Time frame will be after the first season.

5. fallenphoenix

Hon... you gotta stop stabbin' him.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So the aliens were not a delusion brought on by the cops lack of oxygen? Mom is clearly dead. Cop will probably be blamed for killings and forced to quit.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I haven't watched all of season 2 yet. I'm on Episode 8.

Season 1 is wayyyyyy better.

What do you guys think?

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which cop are you talking about? If you mean the other detective from Fargo (the "**** cop" per Lou) then we know he sticks around because he was Bob Odenkirk's boss in the 1st season of the show. If you mean Hank, well, I'm not entirely sure he survives but if he does I could see them pinning it on him.

If you mean Lou, that's possible. He said in season 1 that this whole incident caused him to quit law enforcement (and manage the diner). Maybe they try to blame him so he resigns as a compromise.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah I think this is what happens. They seem to be setting him up.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Freeman and Billy Bob were amazing but I think this season is better.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Nobody in season 2 can touch the performance of Billy Bob Thorton (Martin Freeman wasn't bad either) but season 2 is still better IMO. The complete cast is superior and the writing has gone to another level.

12. fallenphoenix

I give the edge to season 2. Much more exciting story and interested characters, even with the aliens...

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

The Blumquists clearly saw it too. "C'mon hon, it's just a UFO." Or whatever it was Peggy says.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I like the feel of this season better, however Lester and Lorne were up there with TD as far as chemistry.

I wished Billy Bob had the season 2 cast instead, i really disliked Molly and her character as well as Tom Hanks son.

credits
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EbI0cMyyw_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

All caught up now. Ehh it had its moments these last 2 episodes but overall not too crazy for this season. It's nothing special to me.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Flying Saucer she did say. Same thing :)

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't have that full movie requote ability, so that's what I get for not firing up the DVR.

18. conquistador#11

peggy and the indian were my characters in this season, really liked it more than season 1.
    landry has turned himself into a good actor. even if the roles are similar, he does it very well.

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting. You are the first person I've seen complain about either of those two. Allison Tolman got nearly universal acclaim for her work as Molly (I loved her as well) and the first season of Fargo marked the very first time I DIDN'T want to punch Collin Hanks in the face, which to me was a huge accomplishment.

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

If you go back to Season One, Lou Solverson is retired and runs a diner. In episode 9, he tells his step-granddaughter that he took a bullet in the hip at a traffic stop and retired with a full pension. He also talks about the events of season two especially the events that just occurred at the motel. I believe his words were something like "you could have stacked the bodies up to the second floor." All of the Gerharts are now dead save for the grandson in jail awaiting trial. The series finale on Monday should be a real hoot!