1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 9, 2015.

1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am very excited about this show. I was never a zombie show fan until Walking Dead and now I cant get enough.

2. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

yep, I hated..HATED the way it ended though. Knowing the show was being cancelled they had to rush the ending and it pretty much ruined the series for me.

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I get that. The book was more conducive for a tv miniseries. But they didn't even try. It bore little resemblance to the book and had some fairly predictable moments.

Probably would have enjoyed it more had it been called something else. But it wasn't.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

When is it out?

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Tomorrow according to Google!

6. SunsRocketsfan

Looks way better than the walking dead. Walking dead definitely has its good moments but it's like crap the other half of the time. So overall the series is just mediocre. Not really excited about the new season b/c it's going to be more or less the same stuff over again.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Pretty good start to the series. I could do without 2 elements of the show but what can you do?

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Enjoyed it. I wasn't sure what to expect...like the premise but it seems like the hospitals would be chaos with dead people turning into zombies.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Decent start. The acting in the pilot was much better than TWD.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

But isn't that the problem with the whole "zombie" genre? You've got the "zombie" humans lurching around eating the survivor humans left unless the live humans shoot/stab/impale the zombie humans in the head first. It's basically that scenario repeated over and over. In many respects, this is "Night Of The Living Dead" on an infinite loop which is why I rapidly lost interest in the Walking Dead because it's the same stuff I'd seen before in the George Romero Dead trilogy.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the acting is much better than TWD (Kim Dickens ftw)

setting up the family dynamics was boring but necessary, should get better

glad to see Randy Wagstaff made it out of that foster home on The Wire

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Here's how you can tell @<a href="https://twitter.com/FearTWD">FearTWD</a> is filmed mostly in Canada and not Los Angeles. It's program, people. <a href="http://t.co/Zec6Wmdqdt" title="http://twitter.com/PlannerPrescott/status/635684792923635712/photo/1" org_href="http://twitter.com/PlannerPrescott/status/635684792923635712/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/Zec6Wmdqdt</a></p>&mdash; Patrick Prescott (@PlannerPrescott) <a href="https://twitter.com/PlannerPrescott/status/635684792923635712" data-datetime="2015-08-24T00:27:19+00:00">August 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#51 Commodore, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It wouldn't be the walking dead without disposable black people... Amiright?

13. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

You're just joking, right?

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's a running theme on TWD and the revolving door of Black people. If there is more than one, then one of them will be killed pretty soon. Like when TDogg died, but here comes Sasha and her bro. Here comes Father Gabriel and Noah, so then Tyreese dies. It is expected.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that booty call went awry

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

^^^ LOL... was my first thought too.

Seriously, though my daughter was a bit disappointed with the lack of walker action, I was happy with the pace as they have to introduce characters and premise. The sons and daughter were a bit on the weak side but I also understand why they are needed. Too soon to even embed spoilers so I won't comment on the plot, but suffice to say I am already hooked.

I do have to say... the initial walker (will they call them walkers, or use a different term?) was the sexiest one to date. ;-)

17. VanityHalfBlack

What makes zombie horror movies super awesome is the aftermath and the zombies. I don't care about the before part. Yeah, we know why the **** went down the way it did, just unload the stuff that we love about zombies, freaking zombies. It's like the Star Wars prequels again, who cares about Darth Vader as a child? I caught glimpse of this show last night and the production looks very cheap. Not even Tv quality worth. With that being said, I will somehow continue to watch it because I am a nerd and I will continue to find things to whine about.

18. 713

713 Member

Alicia can get the pipe.

1 person likes this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I wonder if the premiere was implying that the zombie outbreak started in a church crack house with a girl after she took heroin? Don't do drugs, kids! lol

20. conquistador#11

they should make a zombie western walking dead.