1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's Fear The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 9, 2015.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And not the crap that was the movie.

I'm a sucker for anything zombie, so I'll give it a try. It'll be interesting to see the apocalypse from its origin and from an urban perspective.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I guess if you consider characters like Noah, Ed, and Sophia major characters then maybe we disagree on what makes major, but your point is made. All I said is they're a little too clingy with a few of these, and my point was they should be willing to kill them off, not a matter of body count.

I guess it's more who they have killed, in my eyes, and who they haven't (and for how long), as I said. A lot of those they killed in WD needed to be killed just because they couldn't act, imo, though not all obviously. I would say GOT is less so that way. I won't go so far as to make a list and compare importances and acting skill, but I will say your point is made... they've killed off a great deal... though I still disagree to an extent where "importance" is concerned, and the reasoning as to why or how expendable they might have been. I also suppose by the very nature of the WD plot, characters in general are probably by default more expendable, maybe that's why who's left and who isn't irks me a bit more. I don't know.

Anyway, it wasn't a statement of show quality or quantity or anything of that nature, maybe I just don't have an attachment to some (many) of the characters they have chosen to spare for whatever reason. I still like the show a good deal.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Kim Dickens, hell yes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WDxew5SguVw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Looks like a regular zombie movie.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Looks better than the walking dead.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, portraying the outbreak. I like that aspect, way different than the post apocalyptic scenario in Walking Dead. Looks like it's worth a watch.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The big issue I have with this series is that it seems to be on a treadmill. Run away from zombies, find a safe place, drama, zombies come, run again. When does this series pay off come?

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

When they killed Ricks Wife

1 person likes this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What are you looking for?

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It felt nothing like watching the "The Walking Dead". This is good.

But, I was kind of thinking while watching the trailer that it would be cool if the two casts met up at some point on a few episodes. Maybe not merge together...but cross paths. I think that would be cool. But, would be difficult to achieve given different locations in the same zombie apocalypse.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to this more than the regular WD series.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Yeah that trailer has me interested. I like the angle of portraying the chaos of the outbreak and the urban environment. Reminds me a bit of Last of Us.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That trailer looks fantastic.

I get some of the Walking Dead pushback - on a treadmill, every seasons seems to have a stall in the middle where a story line just doesn't move quite fast enough...

... but I still think it's an awesome show. Of course, I bing watched it... shows are so different that way... so much more enjoyable overall.

Anyway, FTWD looks legit.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Better Starting Point than the original
    More exciting to see how it all started

Rocket River

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

first three minutes

<iframe width="854" height="500" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mG-RCYWhl_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Payoff? What do you mean? You want them to find a permanent, perfectly protected safe haven and then it just turns into a Desperate Housewives style drama?

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I am just not into zombie shows/movies because I find their very premise to be extremely illogical. If they are dead, then how can they move without their dead flesh disintegrating from said movement? Also, if they are truly dead, then why eat the flesh of the living? After all, the dead don't get hungry because, well they are dead. Apparently someone in Hollywood noticed this also so now zombies are actually humans who have been "infected" with a plague/virus that turns them into humans who appear to be dead. It also explains how they can now run, drive and survive underwater. Still don't get that whole eating the uninfected humans thing but no matter. Anyway, I think I'll give this a shot because I want to see just how accurately they portray the social disintegration that would occur during a global pandemic. I didn't read the book but saw the movie (which sucked!) but World War Z (the book) supposedly did a masterful job describing the chaos and carnage as society breaks down.

Now another two "zombie" movies that do a really good job of illustrating the social disintegration that would follow from a "zombie pandemic" would be The Dead and The Dead 2 by the Ford Brothers.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

^ the zombied in the Walking Dead don't just eat people, they eat various animals... people were a plentiful supply of food source.

I think you are way to focused on the word "dead". I mean, we have the term brain dead, which is a really thing where a person isn't necessarily "dead", but basically is.

Certainly not everything is explainable or makes scientific sense, but they do a good job of trying.

Also, I though World War Z was great.... on of the better zombie movies recently.

19. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I would love for this one to go in the same direction Jericho went. That show ended too early.

I'm a sucker for origin stories, the more i think about this one, i have talked myself into watching it for that aspect alone. Hopefully it turns out better than the last few seasons of TWD.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The movie got very positive reviews. To follow the book exactly was not doable and was considered unadaptable.