1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Turn a lie into the truth by talking about it long enough

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 16, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Just watched the video where T-Mac says "you know they let them travel these days" when talking about why Harden is so hard to guard. The referees have come out multiple times and explained this---it shouldn't be up for discussion anymore.

This also seems to be the talking point whatever message board etc I goto. Just because people (Kerr earlier) talk about it enough it makes its way over to the truth for a good portion of folks. Sad sad attempt by some people to get Harden to be officiated unfairly.

T-Mac saying that is blatantly false, I will be writing to ESPN. I hope some people do as well.

cbs1507, JuNx, RudyTBag and 3 others like this.
  2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

People said the same thing when Tmac was playing.

3. macan

macan Member

Tmac was butt hurt about Harden being way better than him both individually and team wise
    he never made it out of first round whereas Harden has gone to the west finals a couple times at the age of 28

cbs1507, tinman, Ramo$e and 1 other person like this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

T-Mac can be a snake when the opportunity presents itself. This is the same guy that picked against the Rockets in the playoffs WHILE HE WAS STILL ON THE TEAM.

cbs1507, tinman, juanm34 and 6 others like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stacy is a loser, always has been. The most undeserving HOF player of all time.

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

He's jealous he never got out of the first round while Harden took the team to WCF twice

tinman likes this.
  7. MD_in_Training

Don't forget not picking Yao for his All Star team.

Richie_Rich and RudyTBag like this.
  8. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

Yea I’m a big tmac fan but for him to emphasize that James play as “regular season “ play...... factually he is correct but I would think someone in his position wouldn’t put that on another player..... he has to know the damage that that label does..... him of all people should.....

Now I do understand that he is on tv and must get ratings and all that but sometimes you can buck the popular narrative......

Not that it means much but he disappointed me.....smh

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

In T-Macs defense, I would have chosen the same team. I have love for Yao, but all those players are undeniably better than he was.

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yes, but here's the thing.....it was an IMAGINARY exercise that didn't have ANY real world implications. And yet, even under those made-up conditions, he couldn't bring himself to make the LOYAL decision. Not one person on Earth would have criticized him for choosing Yao over anybody else, just like nobody would have criticized him for picking the Rockets (HIS CURRENT ****ING TEAM) over the Lakers that year. And here's the kicker.....we ALL know who Yao would have chosen had the situation been reversed.

LFE171, tinman and MD_in_Training like this.
  11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

T Mac is mentally weak.

12. riko

riko Member

Tracy is coming off as a petty ex girlfriend right now. Prior to a Harden he was Houston’s big basketball star outside of the dream but right now Harden is entering dream territory and dwarfing Tmacs sad legacy

macan likes this.
  13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

14. MD_in_Training

That's not really the point. Was Houston the underdog against the Lakers in that series? Yes. Should Tmac have picked his OWN team to win the series? Uh... yes.

This segment was a light hearted imaginary exercise looking back at the great players of the early 00s, and even then, Tmac wouldn't pick his "friend" to be on his top 5. This really cements in my mind that Tmac is a spiteful, weak minded individual. Yao never did anything to Tmac, and was always a gentleman on and off the court. Yet it's quite obvious Tmac has something against Yao. My suspicion is that he secretly blames Yao for his own failures as a basketball player.

Just look at his body language when Rachel brought up how he is leaving his former teammate in the back. He never even defended his position or offered consolation... just brushed it off and went on to talk about Nash.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

An opportunity doesnt have to present itself for a snake to be a snake. They just are.

The crazy thing to me is there are still people on this board that still defend this loser. I guess they may be masochists in their own right, cause they seem to love people who just love to treat them bad and unfairly.

F[_] CK tracy mcshady

MD_in_Training likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like Michael Jordan was not in the playoffs when the Rockets won 2 titles?
    That lie lives on forever

(he was there in 95)