1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

...was cut. I think players have to go through waivers to be claimed for the minimum. If he were to go through, would anybody want to pick him up. He might eventually work out...we would end up with the draft pick for trading him and all we had to do was wait a year and pick him up as well. He would be a project for us while New York pays for his contract.

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I would absolutely be interested in picking him up. We'd probably need an IR spot for Gray, or waive him, since he's signed for the rest of the year.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If he was valuable enough to draft, then he's valuable enough to pick up for free. I'd definitely want to get him again. But, isn't his name Turkcan? Why does everyone introduce an S-sound into his name? Am I missing something?

4. Curly

Curly Member

I would like to think that since he was waved that Rudy and CD have been all over it. Obviously, if he was worth a pick, then they would be looking at him again, unless someone has filled the spot they wanted him for. I look forward to hearing more on this guy.

5. booshan

booshan Contributing Member

It's been a week since Turkcan was cut (I believe it was Feb 8th or 9th) - does anyone know if players must "clear waivers" first? I suspect that if they do, it's less than a 7 day waiting period. In other words, the Rocks have no interest. That is not to say that I don't have interest - I don't know much about Turkcan but he's gotta have more potential than Devin Gray - maybe his outside shooting can help if we end up moving Drew/Wizard...

6. Curly

Curly Member

If I remember the bootleg video showed that he had a good outside jumper, and at times would drive to the rack. They must have seen something in him, or was he a Nellie recomendation?

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Milwaukee signed him. If we were interested, it's too late now.

8. Curly

Curly Member

Dang....there goes our hopes for our own Dirk Nowitski to make it in the 3pt contest in next year's All-Star game