1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

TSN, Deveney - gets paid for this?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, May 16, 2005.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/

Inside Dish:
    Posted: May 15, 2005

Think that, coming off the worst season of his career, there will be no market for G/F Latrell Sprewell? He won't get the three years and $21 million he was offered by the Timberwolves before the season, but expect some interest from the Rockets. Sprewell has played for coach Jeff Van Gundy, and Van Gundy wants to add size at shooting guard.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Why the hell do we have interest in him? Doesn't he have trouble feeding his family?

3. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

i do not want Spreewell in a Rox Uni. But if they do get him, it better not be for anything over the vet minimm. Let him feed his family on that.

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

HAHA, Sprees gonna get a slap in the face this offseason when he finds out how much he's really worth..

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Deveney is one of the better guys out there. He has legit contacts and does a good job getting inside info. He also does not sensationalize his reports like the hacks do.

What part of that excerpt do you feel is so off-base that you question his employment with Sporting News/Foxsports?

Evan

6. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I do think the Rockets will look at Sprewell. I think JVG realizes that we need more length and athleticism at the 2 guard spot. Wesley has done a tremendous job considering his age and 6'1" size, but we need an upgrade there on the perimeter. I am not saying Sprewell is the answer, but I am sure JVG is looking on adding some athleticism to the guard position. I am sure we are also looking at Antonio Daniels as well.

8. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

Why couldn't it be possible....he's another former Knick :p

9. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Add him if the price is right but im not sure if that will be enough to feed his children. I wonder how fat his kids are...

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I bet Sprewell could do well here, but if he were to come I'd hope it would be for a reasonable contract and not what he wants. Despite all the great moves that have gotten done in the last year, the offseason still brings back unpleasant memories of Charlie Ward (may God rest his soul).

11. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Spree would be great... off the bench. The problem is that we've already got a bunch of great bench players in our backcourt, but no true starter. Spree would just be more of the same.

Besides, he wears his hair like an 8 year old girl.