1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trying to drive into Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamRoxCoogFan, Aug 29, 2017.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

Was trying to fly into Houston but flights keep getting canceled. Are the roadways open to make it from Dallas into Houston/Pearland? I'm hoping to drive in on Thursday (8/31)

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Use this web site for state wide rd closures;

https://drivetexas.org/#/7/31.229/-96.292?future=false

3. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

The website is filled with false information. Can not be used as a reliable source. Tried to evacuate from Dickinson last night and due to false information it took me 9 1/2 hours to get to College Station.

It was possible to get out of the city last night during very bad weather so I assume after dryer weather today it will be even more possible. Might take some careful maneuvering and the ability to read a map instead relying on technology. Stay away from creeks and bayous as much as possible. Continually watch the ditches. As they get closer to being filled you are more likely to run into flooded roads, especially near ditches, creeks, bayous, streams, rivers, etc. The most positive thing I can say is that on the major roadways Police were almost always blocking flooded roads. They were always willing to help us find detours also. Except in Katy where when I did find an Officer they were yelling profanities and insults on their mega phones at drivers trying to evacuate. You should be good though

DudeWah likes this.
  4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Water has gone down considerably today, but there are still many flooded roads and freeways. Since there is little to no rain forecasted until the weekend, I think you will have some luck driving into Houston on Thursday. No promises though

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well, super sorry for spreading false info, would have thought a state site would be correct.

6. likestohypeguy

There is at least one major closure they don't have on that map here. Have to understand it's probably tough to keep up with every local agency decision to close/open roads, where water is on the road or has receded, lots of fast change.