1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trusty Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 2, 2012.

1. allaroundplayer

How many dunks does Marcus Morris have this season?

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Marcus "Kareem Jackson" Morris getting it done tonight. He spaces he floor, even if the shots aren't falling.

1 person likes this.
  3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He nailed it. Hope he stays aggressive.

4. James Harden

James Harden Member

i guess hes our 6th man

5. woket

woket Member

He started out poorly today as well - but he settled and his confidence grew as the game progressed. Props to the Morris for sticking with it.

6. koopa

koopa Member

Morris is playing to his potential finally. It took a while but if he can consistently do this it would be a great opportunity for him since he will have a lot of open looks from the attention that Harden and Lin bring.

7. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is great news. It boosts his trade value. He can go lead another team to a championship, lol.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

perfect comparison

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Wake me up when he's consistently doing this through the all star game. He has 1 good game and people go nuts. It's on you young man to become consistent. Because, it appears that everyone has the green light to shoot 3's (Parson and Patterson are horrible at it and don't realize it).

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Tonight he looked like a good small 4. He needs to keep working on being a power 3. Great game

11. gah

gah Member

A little early to declare him the 6th man, a little early to start this thread, but since it's done, OP needs to swallow some black feathers instead of trying to come off as the guy with the right to say "I told you so".

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jebus, man. Did you ever say Morris was going to be great or even serviceable? It was his best game ever and he scored 17 points including 1 for 6 from the 3pt line. I was happy with the result, but there were still holes in his game. If you didn't see them, you closed your eyes at least 12 times tonight.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

You do realize that this is a sarcastic thread meant to mock knee jerk fans who were ready to run Morris out of town after game 1, right?

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Add Cole Aldrich and Tony Douglas. As for Morris, he was -6 for the game which means he was a liability on the defensive end and wasn't moving the offense as a whole. Morris 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 free-throws and 0 blocked shots, what we are getting is a 1 dimensional player. If he puts another 17pt performance tonight, I'll @#$@.

15. Houstonas

Houstonas Member

As I remember Morris in the first seasos comparing his skills with DMo first season I would love to see what DMo can do, but Mr. McHale says he was so impressed by Donatas, he is not going to play. :)

16. nomangame

nomangame Member

I know what I've got for my signature but I'm happy with his performance against Atlanta and keeping my fingers crossed that he would be our secondary scorer or an impact bench player in time to come.

17. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

D-Mo T-Jones and MM ... they are all gonna be good in this league!

White? I have no idea yet...

18. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

19. shoops

shoops Member

I liked Morris' smart play drawing the offensive foul by taking a charge on Teague's dunk...he sacrificed his body and pride for that one

20. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

Great game for Morris.

Our fans here forgot that we are a young team. We'll have up and down nights with our young talent.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: