1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trusty Morris

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 2, 2012.

1. AbrahamLincoln

I read people saying they wanted McHale fired for playing him the other day. Lets be honest about how quick people are to jump the gun here.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Busty Morris still blows.

But no, I think he can maybe pull it together if he stops doing knuckle headed stuff

3. AbrahamLincoln

lol i dunno about that, but there was movement in my pants when he scored over Smith in the 4th

1 person likes this.
  4. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

man i know he is capable, i remember the san antonio game in preseason last year.. with the way okc used harden, i was thinking in the back of my head what if morris could be that guy off th ebench for us, to score while harden is sitting..

someone from this group (dmo, mook, jones, white) is going to have to develop into a solid professional to compliment are future team with lin, harden and our next max player..

5. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Anyone think he is being auditioned?

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Forget his scoring, he was snatching up boards and playing d...thats why u keep him around for more than a season...he is still improving.

#26 RV6, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I am clueless as to why McHale had Delfino running around out there attempting to guard Smith down the stretch instead of Morris. Morris played him tough in the first half. He shoulda been in down the stretch.

8. HookemHorns1250

For the love of everything, can we stop with, "Ha! I told you so and so would prove y'all wrong! I'm right!!!"

People we're worried about Morris and rightfully so, same with Douglas, with patterson, same with others. It's.....2 games. Let's give this team some time to jell, and practice together, and have an actual month, before we start making judgements on whose not playing well and who is.

I swear, why is it so important to be right? I don't understand. I thought the main focus was on pulling for your team. Not being right or wrong about one player. Morris could have a horrible season, what would you say then? Would you write a post saying "I'm wrong!!! I told y'all I was wrong the whole time!" No, you wouldn't.

Everyone...should be pulling for every single player on that roster. It's understandable to get frustrated. I was frustrated with Morris game one, I was frustrated at his beginning tonight, but man I was proud of him bouncing back. Not giving up on Douglas, he's had a rough few games, but let's give the guy some time...

Pull for the Rockets, stop with the one man cheering squad, and eating crow talk.

TL:DR

- Pull for the team, stop with the " I was right, you were wrong " threads especially after one game. Sorry for the novel.

1 person likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jesus, you people need to stop being so sensitive about busty/trusty Morris. Clutch and guys like Hollinger are by no means "haters." I mean, Jesus Christ, you people bring shame to all of us.

:p;):grin:

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I don't care what. Kind of told you so thread this is supposed to be, just don't tell me he's a sf.

1 person likes this.
  11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

sorry but I am not impressed yet

I am rooting for the guy, he didn't have a good chance yet to show his skills..

so hopefully down the road he can become consistent in minutes and scoring...

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

It's not about being right. It's about teaching these knee-jerk fans a lesson that they shouldn't be quick to form judgment.

13. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

yeah people were calling him a bust when clearly didn't get enough minutes last year, clearly he isn't or wasn't a "bust" because he's in the NBA and they people who called him busts are not.

14. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

Hopefully he can keep it up. This was his best game since his preseason game against the Spurs last year.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Wait a second....

16. The Rocketeer

The Rocketeer Member

Morris killed it tonight! Looks like he shook off those jitters from last game. Hopefully he can keep this consistent. We need those bench points

17. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I don't think anyone should be impressed just yet... but hopefully people will recognize that Morris is capable of playing in this league and playing him for 25 minutes is not a fire-able offense.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Morris can be a comparable to RASHARD Lewis

19. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

In what dimension?

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>S/O @<a href="https://twitter.com/MookMorris2">MookMorris2</a> !! He be hoopin!! Show him some love.</p>&mdash; James Harden (@JHarden13) <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/status/264566320534802432" data-datetime="2012-11-03T03:15:00+00:00">November 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>