1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by EddieWasSnubbed, Mar 13, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

speaking about goal post on 2/28 when Trump said its a hoax what's his expected number of deaths?

joshuaao and IBTL like this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Anybody that said 20 million were gonna die had no clue what they were talking about. The absolute worst case scenario was 3-5 million if we did absolutely nothing, which was never gonna happen.

The state and city governments made all the calls that saved lives. Trump put everybody in a poor position and has sat on his ass complaining and saying people are lying. His incompetence has already killed thousands and will kill more because we waited so long to take action.

superfob and joshuaao like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No, a month ago we were being told it would go away, miraculously.

SWTsig and joshuaao like this.
  4. biina

biina Member

If nothing was done, the death toll would likely be in the millions.

Things are looking better cos of the sacrifices being made (with many losing their jobs) or do you think the social distancing doesnt impact the curve.

Still, no matter the end number, we could have done much better with any average adult as President who didnt waste 1-2 months and doesnt still think its all about him and his re-election.

If someone shoots himself in the head cos he thinks bullets are fake news, but luckily survive, he doesnt get a medal for his stupidity. Instead kudos goes to the surgeon who saved his (sorry) life.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Kinda funny ..... Cuomo and DeBlasio get all kinda praise when they were much in the same boat as Trump as recently as the first week of March.

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/no...-11-additional-cases-bringing-statewide-tot-0
    https://ny.eater.com/2020/3/11/21175497/coronavirus-nyc-restaurants-safe-dine-out

Honestly I think we are getting off track with this discussion - It could have been much worse. The damage has been mitigated.

I'm glad we aren't seeing death tolls in the tens of thousands much less hundreds of thousands or millions. Count our blessings and continue avoiding contact .... life will return to normal soon.

RayRay10 and jcf like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Looks like a long day of TV watching and tweeting conspiracy theories, followed by the usual 5 pm follies, on tap while Doctors and Nurses and paramedics sacrifice their lives in NY, Michigan and other hospitals around the country

No Worries likes this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

What is he supposed to do? I'd rather he sit his ass down and watch Fox News all day than screw this situation up even worst.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There. are 15 CV+ cases and there will soon be zero.

CV will magically go away in April.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Resign

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member

@Corrosion and @dachuda86
    from 'close to zero' to double vietnam in one month..
    pretty good job huh?

joshuaao, Newlin and Andre0087 like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Because the first priority is that trump gets recognized/praised/thanked...

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member

Trump has this ADD where he will read updates and relevant info then the second he goes off script its all about how great a job he's doing and heres mike lindell who will also corroborate as a character witness what a great job hes doing.
    Yeah mike lindell. Lol
    Apparently the sham wow guy wasnt available.
    bikini linguini martini
    [​IMG]

RayRay10, Newlin and NewRoxFan like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

#1433 NewRoxFan, Mar 31, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member

We are literally in the middle of a crisis and the dude is tweeting about people saying he did a great job. Even mike lindell thinks so!

Ive asked for references on jobs or maybe a letter of recommendation but I cant think of any time Ive had to have someone vouch what a great job ive done.

If you think of it from that side its as if hes being defensive or same way he was about crowd size at inauguration.
    Why not be proud of what you do and own what you said and didn't say? Instead im supposed to take mike lindells word for it?
    Isnt that a bit creepy? Like i want to like mike lindell too but this doesnt feel right lol

RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member

I'm certainly not one to let Trump off the hook and I've been calling for him to take responsibility for a long time. What I'm saying though is that we need to understand what the different models are saying. Averting the worst case scenario is progress. I don't think it's something to campaign on but it is progress.

I hate to use this example but it's the only one that comes to mind. In the movie Deep Impact a comet was on going to hit the Earth. An attempt to blow it up only ended up splitting of a chunk of it. That chunk hit the Earth and wiped out the whole Eastern Seaboard to Appalachia. At the last minute though the main body of the comet was destroyed sparing an Extinction level event on par with what happened 65 million years ago. That was the high note the movie ended on. We're living in a disaster movie. A very slow moving disaster movie but this is what is happening. We can and should hold the our leaders to account and demand more from them but we also need to keep in perspective that this could be much much worse.

ElPigto likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member

I swear officer i did nothing wrong. Heres mike lindell to tell you what a great guy I am nothing to see here!! Hashtag great job

17. NewRoxFan

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]
    Little Pink Troll has more to say eh?

IBTL likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Embrace the incompetency ...

FrontRunner, joshuaao and NewRoxFan like this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you. Definitely averting the worst case scenario is a good thing, even if Trump were to use it to campaign. My wish is he would of done things sooner, however, as almost all governments have done, they been reactionary rather than proactive. Cuomo in New York (based on articles @Corrosion is posting) seems to have had a similar trajectory. The difference between Cuomo and Trump is that Cuomo reacted quickly and did not question his experts once he was confronted with the crisis. In fact, he has been giving solid updates to his citizens and he hasn't attempted to pat himself on the back or be mad at local officials that may not be playing nice with him (or other governors in the region).

Overall, if we can avoid a worst case scenario, this is a semi win in my book although the dead will still be too high and I will still blame the president for downplaying it for months. Hell, when you have congressman that very well knew what was coming and decided to keep quiet to get ahead of the game in the stock market, that was criminal.

Trump, his greatest fault, besides reacting late, it letting his overinflated ego of being a true leader in this crisis. He ****ed up, just like Cuomo did, but look at the different trajectories each has taken.

rocketsjudoka likes this.