1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Senator

Senator Member

I'll take you back to middle school - you have to act in the moment. China caused the virus, but when having to deal with it (as they have one every 5 years), they used authoritarian backing to do a much more comprehensive job. We have low IQ idiots like Rocket River talking about rights and liberties and abstract values from the 17th century when we are in a midst of a plague and need a lockdown on all non medical related travel.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. Senator

Senator Member

Let them into Texas right in the thick of things because of rights.. and liberties... and "United" States.

No thanks, quarantine.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nope, quarantine them if they come in. I think states should have the rights to restrict travel as deemed necessary, using quarantines. Especially seeing as to how they have limited government guidance.

6. biina

biina Member

and its incredibly ignorant of you to think a quarantine would serve any meaningful positive purpose at this stage.

The virus is already all over the country, but you and the orange idiot now want to close the barn door after all the horses have bolted.

Ironically, the idiot that wants to quarantine NY is the same fool that said NY didnt need 30k ventilators. If they dont need the ventilators then the situation must not be that bad and there is no need to quarantine.

IBTL, AleksandarN and B-Bob like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. biina

biina Member

Wouldnt be surprising if true

AleksandarN and B-Bob like this.
  9. biina

biina Member

You should have sent that memo to Trump a few months ago

#1249 biina, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    IBTL likes this.
  10. Senator

Senator Member

How about sending it to the democrat Cuomo now? Only 1 man bad in all of this?

Where were democrat politicians sounding the bells in first week of Feb? Were they still more interested in a pointless impeachment trial while the silent killer appraoched...

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 13: [Declared state of emergency]

March 17: “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

joshuaao, Newlin, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  12. Senator

Senator Member

What was implied was they need to be quarantined IN FLORIDA.

13. biina

biina Member

Sure - when he is elected President of the US.

More importantly, its pointless at this stage and only an idiot will be prescribing medicine after death.

14. Senator

Senator Member

No democratic governors, senators or former presidents were sending alarm bells about the corona in February. So the whole point of pretending Trump was the only one late to the party is the basic attempt at division instead of addressing the issue. Stop wasting everyone's time with this argument that one side bad , one side good.

To address the issue, you need to quarantine hot spots. Spread is still happening, majority have no symptoms. Of those who test positive, which is a small percentage of those who have it, only 5% go to ICU / death. So there are alot of contagious people out there who should be sheltering in place regardless.

15. Nook

Nook Member

To see what the response was.

A politically smart move. If it gets worse in that region of the country, he can say he proposed a lockdown and Democrat leaders in that area balked.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree. But I think the states should have a right for secondary measures like I'm talking about.

jcf likes this.
  17. biina

biina Member

Seems you have amnesia or are simply delusional - none of those Governor's or senators are president.

Trump is the president and had access to intelligence that none of those other people did. Instead of making the right decisions, like the toddler he is, he made it about himself and downplayed it in pursuit of his own selfish interest. It is Trump's job and he dropped the ball (which is still waiting to be picked up)

Quarantining hotspots serves no purpose cos it's already extensively beyond the hotspots. The lack of pervasive testing and poor management by Trump and many governors means it's likely in most counties and spreading.

Even said essential workers are likely helping it to spread.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The damn Dems sure are playing a cruel hoax joke on the nation.

19. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

No discernible political line? The swing state getting everything requested?

No Worries and Nook like this.
  20. biina

biina Member

In fairness, you also need to consider the need of each state and the stage they are in.

For example, Maine has a population of 1.3M vs 21.5M for Florida. It will be interesting to see what NY, TX, PA, IL and Texas have received.

arkoe likes this.