1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. NewRoxFan

Again, an Arizona man died from choroquine...

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How many irresponsible and dangerous things will be said? Fox News shouldn't do this as a public health matter.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am torn, would be great if the drug combo works, but I don't want to listen to Trump talk about how he was smarter than the doctors.....

If it works though, that would be great for everyone......and that doctor in FRANCE that came up with it should get the credit.

This whole - the cure worse than the disease could cause a lot of unecessary death over money - which is 100% ridiculous...but this is Trump the man is a clown so not surprised.

DD

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

6. NewRoxFan

This why not having medical professionals there, and even in the development of the messaging is so important:

7. AB

AB Contributing Member

Please don't ask trump any questions on the cure/problem tweet. Let's leave it there and hope it disappears!!
    If they ask he will double down and reinforce!

8. NewRoxFan

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

The government lying also happened in 1918. Yet we have learned. Short vid on the comparisons between coronavirus and Spanish flu.

Being dishonest about any facet of this virus can and will be catastrophic. The people deserve the truth.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

12. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I'd like to see a cite on this quote. No, someone tweeting it doesn't count.

13. NewRoxFan

14. NewRoxFan

Daniel Dale is a pretty accurate reporter... I am sure there will a full transcript of the press conference.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I finally watched an actual news conference with Trump on the corona.

Holy ****!

He actually talked about how many great things Wall Street is doing when answering a question about social distancing and said that not restarting the economy could cause more deaths than the virus.

Yeah he actually said it and then repeated it for emphases.

It's also amazing when he says crazy **** how the faces of the people behind react.

Blatz and joshuaao like this.
  16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Fair enough, but we need to understand that we are NOW entering the "let some people die" part of the crisis. So making sure we verify who said what is going to be REALLY important. Since Trump has the mind of a 4 year old, he wants it to be over NOW. And that's dangerous. I just want to make sure what we say he said is properly documented.

And to be fair to you, NewRoxFan, I don't know Daniel Dale by name so I'm not doubting your explanation.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Trump is a fool. The next few weeks are going to be brutal as this virus explodes across the nation and the world. He’s ignoring what’s happening in Europe. I’m sure he’s ignoring what his medical experts are telling him. Trump is totally lost.

No Worries, Blatz and peleincubus like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: Trump was incorrect implying France came up with this. It was China who did the first studies, a month before France. And France even references the paper/study done by the Chinese doctors.

Trump just wants to downplay anything that China has done.

I posted the links to the China study in the Hangout thread, and the French article that references it. Maybe I should post it here, too.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@AB is my new hero on this, with his repeated warnings to stop asking Trump questions at the press conference.

Just ask the other ppl on the stage.

Stop allowing Trump to have more opportunity to speak, falsify and double down.

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

And I just want to say that we REALLY haven’t even had what I consider a real shut down. Many people still working. Many people out and about. The sooner we get serious about this, the sooner it ends.

IBTL likes this.